Minigame idea: Sky diving

Think Pilot wings parachute mini game.
All players running into the circle get shot up to the highest point and fall down trying to stay within the cone and hitting rings made of food items perhaps to reuse assets.
Perhaps floating (unless there’s already a parachute model?) at the end before landing and a score for hitting the center or a moving target to end before shooting a player back up to do it again until the timer runs out, else it be a quick minigame.
All contained within that circle might be a little limited and without adding any diving controls it might be a tad too easy.
Perhaps combos and moving rings/targets would mix it up.

Further more a parachute/hang gliding/jetpack challenge along the entire map, starting from the mini game ring and ending at a random target location.
Maybe even a looped track leading back to the mini game ring could work.
However I think that is beyond the scope of a plaza mini game if I am to assume they must be contained in the circle.
Otherwise it would just be a go through all the rings jetpack challenge much like a collection mini game but maybe that’s possible too in a similar manner.
I mean we jetpack fly all over the place already, all that potential game space.

Getting further away from the topic a staircase of blocks to go down or up might make an interesting mini game circle game as well, counting the blocks that are stepped on before time runs out.
Could maybe end with sky diving at the top?
Eh maybe over complicating it.

Still am I the only one that flies around the map and kinda thinks of SNES Pilot Wings after awhile?
Just me?

i really love the idea of a skydiving minigame! i worked at a skydiving center for two years and i’ve always loved zipping around the plaza, so putting that huge skybox to use in a minigame could be fun!
there’s probably a ring model somewhere that just isn’t coming to mind, so it sounds like it’d be mostly a matter of making new animations and figuring out how to draw the game out to fit the time slot for a minigame.

2 Likes

Alright boyz where we droppin?

8 Likes

Working at a skydiving center sounds nice.
All the flying about with the jetpack in game just reminds me so much of PIlot Wings.

I’d hope they could reuse a lot of assets already in game somewhere to make it easier.
Maybe just throw players up top and use regular controls, maybe control the falling speed, add visible mini game area boundaries to keep players from falling out.
Though I suppose for the mini game they’d have to increase the vertical boundary either way.

If sky diving angle doesn’t work maybe use large fans (aren’t there some in the golf game?) to push players back up with and make it a sort of simulated air dive style or a portal style infinite drop till the timer runs out.

2 Likes