Dedicated Server Migration

Card

https://trello.com/c/w3JyQPNW/471-dedicated-server-migration

Description

Moving our current Plaza servers to better dedicated hardware for more stability

Backend Upgrade

• Test Updated Backend
  • Deploy Updated Backend

General Servers

• Initial Setup (OS, Security Patches, Access)
  • Setup Dedicated Server Software
  • Deactivate Official US New York 1, 2, 3, 4 (delayed due to high volume of players)
  • Test Installation
  • Deploy Official US East 1, 2, 3, 4
  • Deploy Official US West 1, 2, 3, 4
  • Deploy Official France 1, 2, 3, 4
  • Deactivate Official US San Francisco 1, 2, 3, 4 (delayed due to high volume of players)
9 Likes
  • A new checklist named "Progress" has been added to the card.
6 Likes
  • Card was renamed from "Migration To New Dedicated Servers For Plaza" to "Migration To New Dedicated Servers For Official Plaza Servers".
  • Card's description was updated.
7 Likes
  • A new checklist named "US East" has been added to the card.
4 Likes
  • The checklist "Progress" has been renamed to "Backend Upgrade".
4 Likes
  • A new checklist named "US West" has been added to the card.
4 Likes
  • Card's description was updated.
5 Likes
  • "Caboose700" commented "EU Servers are planned but we're taking this one step at a time, don't worry we didn't forget."
7 Likes

Maybe I won’t lag so much when I’m on a server that’s more full now.

1 Like

4.19 is gonna fix most of the lag issues, so this game is gonna be as smooth as a lubed stick of butter on a slip-n-slide once we roll around to that version AND the new hardware.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping. The lag is the main reason I don’t play literally 24/7.

2 Likes

Yeah, I assume that it will too. From what I can tell the netcode is better on that version. Dunno if servers still use one core, but anything’s better at this point

• "Initial Setup (OS, Security Patches, Access)" has been checked off on the "US East" checklist.
5 Likes
  • "Setup Dedicated Server Software" has been checked off on the "US East" checklist.
6 Likes

only US servers …

although imo when i play i tend to see more happening on eu servers, but its just one of those

2 Likes

Those Tea-chugging brits and their high server activity…

Oi!

• "Test Updated Backend" has been checked off on the "Backend Upgrade" checklist.
  • "Test Installation" has been checked off on the "US East" checklist.
8 Likes
  • "Deactivate Official US San Francisco 1, 2, 3, 4 (delayed due to high volume of players)" has been checked off on the "General Servers" checklist.
  • "Deactivate Official US New York 1, 2, 3, 4 (delayed due to high volume of players)" has been checked off on the "General Servers" checklist.
1 Like