Midis Support and more instruments

Hi, tower unite I’m not a really good music player but I can play a mean midis folder the thing that I’m asking for implementation is a midi player something like the one rust has where you can add midis and play them instantly and easily and maybe add another instrument like no guitars or flutes throw us a bone tower unite I want to decor my condo with fun and useful instruments :<

I’m mixed on this, because while I am all for connecting midi controllers to TU and playing (this is something that I’ve been doing with external programs), I wouldn’t really like to see native midi file input being supported.
To me, it seems more like another form of “media playing”, whereas the instruments as-they-are are mostly a way to actually play the instrument rather than show off music you like. I personally want it to stay that way.

2 Likes

I understand your points but there are so many people in tower unite that can’t play any of their instruments because they don’t have any time to learn or is too hard to learn said instrument just seems like a waste and kinda removing some fun out of it and another point why did they remove the old music sheets that you could have practiced how to play a specific type of music

3 Likes

To answer one of these suggestions, there’s more instruments planned (the arcade has two planned piano items, and Songbirds will sell playable guitars at some point)

1 Like

i didn’t know that thank you for the information but I still would like for midi file support

1 Like

personally i think it’d be neat if there was a separate item that allowed for playing of midis with the player at or away from the item while retaining no midi support for the current playable instruments

different items could use different soundfonts, for example giving the floating piano a midi feature and it would play midis with a piano soundfont… or a “music box” item allowing you to play midis with a music box soundfont

i say this since i think allowing midi support on the current playable instruments would make the “playing keys individually” aspect a little… redundant since you’d be able to play anything with the click of a single button

having a separate item for midi instruments could be great for condo music as well, being able to plug in a loopable midi straight from the game for things like adventure maps, background music, or anything under that umbrella directly from the game

it is reasonable to say that workshop sounds will do exactly this, but having designated midi players would allow for direct and instant hot swapping of any midi without having to do something like upload a song to the workshop and then play it in your condo

i realize now that after my wall of pointless text that this would probably be better as a separate suggestion… but i didn’t want to make another thread for something very close if not identical to what you’re asking… ;w;

giving the floating piano a midi feature and it would play midis with a piano soundfont

i will mention this is probably my favorite way midi support could be added…

5 Likes

omg your response is a really good one and not going to lie I’m kinda loving the idea I’m sad that no devs are going to read this but I love dreaming about the idea

1 Like

I read everything on the forums.

7 Likes

O-O ahhh i didn’t mean it but do you feel like the midi implementation is a good and worthy one

1 Like

1 Like

what a god of a gam- I mean forum poster