[Map Bug Megathread] Real Life: Nebraska

Hey everyone, this is a a thread for all bugs related to Real Life: Nebraska.

It would be great if people could explain where an issue lies, with a screenshot or video, and we’ll try and get round to fixing them when we can. Once we have fixed an issue or believed to have fixed an issue, I will delete the post made by the user just so the thread doesn’t get too crowded. If the issue still remains and hasn’t quite been fixed properly, please post it again.

Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

i think the devs should focus on the bermuda triangle bug, it’s really gamebreaking tbh

2 Likes

that’s intentional though, it’s supposed to make flying over the ocean more dangerous

2 Likes

it add s steategy

1 Like

Not really a bug, but can we talk about why Nebraska was even added?

Like, look at the map of content we have right now:

To the north, we have North and South Dakota, which are pretty rectangular and clean:

To the west, we have Wyoming and Colorado, which are also clean and streamlined; really fit in with the surrounding rectangular content:

Even to the south, we have Kansas, which is also pretty clean and rectangular:

But then, take a look at this abomination:

Like, the right side isn’t even rectangular, but instead has this weird curved slope, which is bad enough, but then the left side just sticks out for no good reason. Completely offsets the shape.

Honestly, it just feels like the devs stuck in Nebraska to make it seem like we get more states overall, when they actually just rushed out the rest of the states without giving them enough content.

Personally, I think the Nebraska content should just be fused with the Dakotas and Kansas. Sure, we get less states overall, but it’ll streamline things and make the transitions between each state’s content much smoother. Here’s my proposal:

This would add the beginning half of the Nebraska content to South Dakota, and the equivalent amount of South Dakota content would be moved to North Dakota. The rest of the Nebraska content would then be moved to Kansas. Sure, there’s a bit more effort due to shifting the Dakota contents, but just look at how smooth the transitions get. Not only does the Dakota content transition well into the Wyoming content, it transitions well into the Montana content as well. A much better execution, IMO.

7 Likes