Making a workshop playermodel

So I guess this is a question? basically I’m trying to make a character which already has bones I think and honestly I have little knowledge of how to even rig a character while connecting the TU bones to the model…

I might just have to wait for a detailed youtube vid

and I guess my question is… how do I do anything that I’m trying to do? I see other people are adding them to the workshop but I can barely get past the first step

1 Like

Haven’t the devs made a guide for it, pretty sure i saw caboose mention somthing about it, you could also check the discord, they might have a detailed guide there.

@Heavysteam The guide they provided only really details how to put them up on Tower. It goes in assuming you have modelling experience.

@Blaze027 I haven’t done it myself, but from what I’ve seen on the Discord, it seems like you just need to adjust the bones to fit into the Tower Unite rig. That said, you’re only allowed to rotate the bones, scaling them or moving them won’t work. You should probably wait for someone with more knowledge to answer, though :stuck_out_tongue:

I was able to make some progress on the outfit but it still seems to stretch a lot. I had to mess with the weight painting thing but I guess I suck at it.

2 Likes

Just got time to check out the editor, i have absolutely no modeling experience and that was surprisingly easy, as long as you can forgive the incredibly small vertices count.

1 Like

It’s looking pretty good so far though! Doesn’t seem like it’ll take too much editing to fix it :slight_smile:

It seems that when I first started working on this skin, I put on mirror mode on, which also doubled the amount of stuff I would have to paint, making it literally impossible.

So now I’m having to start over again sadly, and tbh I completely forgot how I got the model to attach to the bones… kinda, I mean, I think it’s attached but it does nothing when I try to click automatically set weight paint… any way to fix that?

found my way to fix that, current progress so far. may seem like a setback but I managed to complete the hair, the chest, and currently working on the pelvis. after that, only need the arms and legs and I should be done :smiley:!

Nice

By the way, the hairs does not giggle yet ?