Lobby 3 Ideas

I want to start off by saying that the TU devs need to work on more important things then what we’re talking about here, this probably won’t be a thing until late beta (but then again we were saying that about multible condos) so this is purely for future ideas and not for today.

So let’s get into this.

I’m not the only one who thinks that a Lobby redo might be a good idea, right? It’s not very easy for newer players (who never heard of TU) to get into the game or understand where to go, so when/if they make Lobby 3 I’m thinking of a design that highlights where you should go first but still have fast options for regulars.

I’m thinking a star design would be a cool idea, the players would spawn facing a staircase leading to the top of the star, which is the gameport if the player turns around everything else would be there in the other points of the star. Tower and train station are in the center of the map there are ways to get off the plateau and on the beach or on the mountain.

What are some of your guy’s ideas for something that probably won’t be in until the end of development?

I don’t think the current Lobby needs a total redesign. In GMT, there were handy maps placed all over (which could also be used to teleport). I think adding the maps back in (even without the teleport function) would work just fine for helping newcomers find what they’re looking for. As for not knowing what to do, I believe some sort of tutorial video is planned but doesn’t have an estimated date. Of course, some of the fun can come from wandering around; just enjoying the atmosphere is just as valid as doing anything else in TU, and you can even come across cool secrets you won’t find by making a beeline to your destination.

6 Likes

Back when I first joined (in GMT Lobby 2) even with the maps I had no clue what to do, I didn’t even see the games port because I saw the arcade and thought that was the place I was meant to go, it took a while to find out where to go after that, think if someone with less patience or a life were to run into that situation, or kids even?

It’s not really THAT big of a deal but it’s still something we should think of for later development, a new Lobby could also add optimization that we need and better graphics.

I would like to say this one more time, I think this should be a later feature (as in after most gameworlds are added) we could even put cool statues outside the attractions in order to show off the gameworlds even more (but mostly to look cool)

don’t fix what’s not broken
especially if that thing is actually pretty damn good

Or just a FTUE (First Time User Experience) with a little tutorial

3 Likes

I don’t feel we need lobby 3. I like the plaza the way it is.

I’d enjoy a condensed, indoor lobby map at some point in the future for servers that would wish to host it.

2 Likes

I’m sure there’ll probably be community condo designs that are more condensed.

Here’s what I think. In Club Penguin (RIP MY BOI) there’s a little tutorial that says “to do this, do this”. It would be cool if they had that, but like there would be a flyover of every store/place in the game. Kinda like the GTA intro. I could go into more detail, but I think y’all know what I mean. :slight_smile:

That’s what I am talking about: The FTUE
Check Club Penguin Island on App Store/Play Store, it’s pretty good up to now