Kill Volume Respawn Position

Now, I’m pretty sure kill volumes are already planned. One thing I wanted to suggest though is the ability to set the respawn position when you die from them. This is especially useful for something like my project, making a ballrace level in my condo.
(WIP screenshot)

I want to be able to kill the player if they fall off the platform, but instead of respawning at the map’s normal spawn point it’d put you at a specified coordinate.

Apologies if this is also already planned, just wanted to put it here in case it’s not as a suggestion.

This is a good suggestion but until it’s implemented I recommend using a stretched teleporter underneath that can achieve the same sort of thing. As a temporary solution it’s very useful.

2 Likes

alternative suggestion: checkpoints that change the players respawn points,
although for something like custom ball race levels i think being able to set the respawn position for the kill volume

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve messed with that. It works, the only issue is that there’s no way of making it transparent so there’s just a big black hole type thing under you, destroys the theme I want my condo to be. I could probably hide it under a canvas, though. Will try that I guess

2 Likes