Items are too overpriced

Can you lower the prices for items in TU as I find it hard to buy items as I feel they are way to over priced it’s like 500 for a potion but in gmt it was like 40 gmc I also start to get bored of grinding minim games to get a new item that probably wasn’t worth the time and effort.

IIRC Mac has already stated that all prices currently in the game are final. I can’t be bothered to find the source right now though.

2 Likes

In that post he stated the prices won’t ever change.

3 Likes

500 is nothing! You can get that in one round of virus. Those chairs that are 4,500 a piece are what’s overpriced. :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

You’re complaining about 500 virtual dollars? You can’t do anything and not get that!

Or the large TV. Because that one costed 3150 GMC in GMT, however in TU, it costs 15k units.
You guys promised me units are worth more than gmc…
doesn’t seem like it with these item prices.
Of course there’s some more items that were cheaper in GMT than they are in TU, but the large tv is the only example I have right now.

I’m yet to see a single item which I’ve found overpriced. Even if you play the game modes a few hours a day, you can get that 30k curved TV in a matter of days. And that’s by my calculations of playing Minigolf.
I don’t think you should be able to buy something like a big TV after a single game of Virus for example.

3 Likes

The Curved TV is WAY too overpriced. You can get 2 Large TVs with the cost of one Curved TV.

3 Likes

My only issue with that is the size of the curved one. It should be a bit larger in my opinion.

3 Likes

I think the same. Sure, it looks futuristic and cool, but that still doesn’t justify the 30k price it has. It should be 4K resolution.

1 Like

Most of the furniture seem to be balanced in term of pricing. Although, like almost everyone else said, I feel like the curved TV doesn’t justify the price.

For the most part yes, but what about pergolas? I’m guessing you haven’t bought many of those yet. Just five pergolas alone will set you back 90k.

I have around 800 items or more priced at 2.34mil. 270k Units worth of it comes from just 18 pergolas. So 2.25% of my items account for the cost of 12.5% of the total amount paid for them (~1/8th). I am a woodworker IRL and even I wouldn’t charge someone $15,000 for four 4x4’s and 18 2x4’s. So I’m guessing whoever priced those has never bought or made a pergola. I also agree that the curved TV’s shouldn’t be more expensive than the huge ones. When you go to Frys, a 32" is always going to be cheaper than an 80".

If they lowered the price though, they would need to write a script for paying people back for the extra money they paid before. But after they write the script, it would be really easy to adjust for different items that they change the price of. Unfortunately however, it does not appear that we will be getting lower prices any time soon. The dev’s have priced things with the intent to have players work for their items. Plus the added implication that their GMT players with large sums of money would need a place to sink their money probably doesn’t help much either.

2 Likes

grinding for a 500 unit potion?
PEASANT!