It takes too long to play Halloween events

Ghoul coins have a 5-8 min cooldown after receiving one, you can get them from all lobby activities(minus theater and fishing) and games outside of the lobby plus having a random chance of getting them from remains and the Halloween characters. Overall you get enough coins for what you want by playing the game naturally, games do this all the time where they have limited time items that you may need to play a bit longer for to obtain to both increase playtime and playerbase during the event. If you arenā€™t willing to invest more time into the game when itā€™s happening maybe getting the items arenā€™t for you.

I get most of that, but on the topic of how ghoul coins work: how do you know?

I donā€™t mean to be rude, but Iā€™ve seen theories flying everywhere whether itā€™s score, cooldown, completely random, or what. Iā€™ve gotten two ghoul coins in a row on multiple occasions, and I donā€™t think ZM rounds are usually 5 minutes long (Though I may be recalling incorrectly). Maybe thereā€™s something significant that Iā€™m missing, but I havenā€™t seen any strong evidence for any particular theory about how they work. It doesnā€™t help that theyā€™re also a bit buggy.

And I donā€™t think the output should be majorly buffed, I do think you should need to be on almost every day to get all the items, thatā€™s kind of the point, but there is room to be a bit more flexible for people who are busier. Honestly just making it clear what gives ghoul coins would be nice though.

3 Likes

Using the event clock in the bottom left corner where your units and such are, Iā€™ve come up with a rough estimate that itā€™s every 5-8 minutes, it like assigns you a timeframe for a ghoulcoin and if you get it during that time hooray you got one and once that timeframe is over itā€™ll randomly be between 5-8 minutes again. So say you get one of your ghoul coins during trivia on lobby right as your first timeframe ends and then go play a minigame that just started in lobby and you get another, that is why it would feel like you sometimes got 2 in rapid succession. You donā€™t have to believe me on this but thatā€™s what Iā€™ve gathered over the last 20 or so hours of playing in this event.

Ah I see what youā€™re saying, time window as opposed to cooldown. I suppose that could make sense, Iā€™ll have to play more to make sure. So do game worlds also work on this independent clock? I know they in particular can be odd in how they give out ghoul coins, and Iā€™m not sure this type of time window would span across all of Tower Uniteā€™s different games and servers. Seems plausible though.

I just apply the same system to game worlds since for the majority of the time Iā€™ve spent has been in lobby, besides getting enough ghoul coins for everything Iā€™m also on my 2k remains challenge so Iā€™ve had no time to test this in game worlds.

Ehhh Iā€™m not sure. I was doing booze bash and kept falling out of the ring, first time i got a coin (not surprising). Maybe halfway thru the match (after falling out a few more times i donā€™t have a problem stop looking at me like that) I got another coin before the event was even over. Mightā€™ve been a bug but it definitely happened shrug

Milestones and phishing are totally different stories, I ignore them.
Coins solve the problem of RC Sleigh.
Coins are a great idea, I love it.
The problem is moving towards a solution, and we donā€™t have the same argument every time.

I think the problem is the length of cool-down.
I donā€™t have any problem with the amount of items or the amount of coins.
Honestly, as I said before, I donā€™t know the necessity of cool-down.
I will talk about when cool-down is essential.
For example, if the cool-down takes only about 2 minutes, itā€™s about the time you can get a coin for Typing Derby game.
And the time of a round is about 2 to 3 minutes except for some games that can be cleared at high speed.
This can prevent Farming for coins, and if you just want to get your items ready quickly, play for 11 hours, or 30 minutes per day divided by 20 days.
If itā€™s 30 minutes a day, I donā€™t give up the item because of the time.

Of course, you need to describe cool-down in a patch note.