Is global chat only english?

Are any languages allowed in global chat or is it just english?

Usually the devs ask you to “please only talk english” in the global chat when they are online, if they see you speaking a non english language in global.

Although i have yet to see anyone get punished for not speaking english in the global chat, so i can’t tell you if it’s against the rules or if they just don’t want 20 different people each speaking their own language, for whatever reason the devs have decided this.

If it is against the rules id love to have a few extra chat windows for other major languages.

3 Likes

Thanks

Uhhhh no clue where you got that from. None of us tell people to “please only talk english.” Anyone can speak any language in global chat.

9 Likes

Will there be separate globals when TU is global?

1 Like

TU is already available globally

1 Like

I don’t think you understand what “Global” is no offense.

Yes but it would be confusing with 10 different languages at once in the global chat. now please stop being rude on all my posts

1 Like

wtf, how am I being rude? honesty is not being rude

He’s not wrong. It’s called global for a reason. That said, they plan to add a language filter. Also, I don’t remember if it’s currently in the game or just planned but the local chat either does or will display all the global chat messages from your current server. Separate global chats would completely defeat the purpose of global chat but there will be ways around the language barrier

add a translate button to messages detected to be sent in another language, this wouldn’t be a perfect translation as that’s not really possible? but it’d give people a pretty good rough idea of what people are saying and i think that alone is pretty cool

2 Likes

Usually in games global means globally in the game world so that’s why I got confused.

1 Like