Incorrect placement of cosmetics

Most of the cosmetic items in this game (especially glasses) are not placed correctly on the face and tend to clip into it. This really ruins the look and I tend to skip using some cosmetics purely due to their bad placement. Hopefully, these can be fixed at some point!

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Glasses

3D Glasses
These are too far up.
Palm Tree Glasses
These are too far up and clip into the head.
Pineapple Glasses
These are too far up and clip into the head.
Inflatable Sunglasses
These are a bit too far up and a tad too far to the left.
Neon Light Glasses
These are too far up.
Oval Shades
These are too far to the right and slightly too high up.
Square Glasses
These are too far to the right and slightly too high up.
Snow Goggles
These are too far to the right and slightly too high up. They could also be rotated a bit to the right.
Sunglasses
These are too far to the right and slightly too high up. They could also be rotated a bit to the right.
Star Glasses
Iridescent Sunglasses
Glasses
These should be scaled up a bit as they clip into the sides of the head and don’t match the other glasses.
Disguise Glasses
These need to be moved forward as the mustache is clipping into the face.
Circle Glasses

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Neck

Tie
This is too far to the right.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Hat

Baseball Cap
This is too large and too low.
Fedora
This is too high and floats above your head.

Flower Crown
This is too far back and clips into your head.
GP5 Mask
This is too wide and doesn’t fit well on the head.
Skull Mask
Uhh… uhhhhh…
Soda Drink Hat
This is too low and clips into your head.
Pumpkin Head
This is too small and too high.
Cat Head
Dog Head

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wrist

Wristband
This is misplaced and clips into your hand.
Spiked Wristband
This is misplaced and clips into your hand.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Backpack

Golf Bag
This doesn’t curve correctly and clips into your torso.

Hate to keep adding onto the huge pile of work the devs are taking on, so just get to this whenever you can. Leave any additions in the comments!

7 Likes

A lot of these just broke over time it seems, because I remember going through all these.

8 Likes

It’s even getting worse with workshop models sometimes.

1 Like

A while back, there was a suggestion for a feature that would let players adjust their own cosmetic placement on a per-item basis. It would be great to just give players control over the scale and position of items so that they can always be fixed manually. You could even wear baseball caps backwards, rest your sunglasses on your head, or wear your headphones down around your neck this way. I see lots of possibilities with the idea, and it would let players fix any misplacement issues themselves.

Edit: After talking about this in the Discord, it sounds like we’re unlikely to see something like this implemented while keeping the servers stable. From what I understand, keeping track of all the positional data of items on all players would add too much strain on the servers. Ah well. I’m still hoping we’ll see something like this in the distant future, maybe after the final release. Even if it requires a more out-of-the-box solution of some sort.

2l1v6DJ

4 Likes

It’s not about the servers. It’s about networking all of this data. It would be a lot on the clients as well.

I’ve talked about here more here:

6 Likes

As long as the positions get fixed I’m not too worried about it at the moment, just hoping that the arcade items won’t have the same issue :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.