In Regards to Moderation Recently

this is a very audacious and dehumanizing thing to say. you have absolutely no idea the stress and effort involved in dealing with these issues already and it’s extremely obvious.

you have no idea how difficult their finances are and you have absolutely no idea how complicated an issue like this actually is if you are seriously going to say something like this wish such an attitude

to be completely blunt i feel like your post is EXTREMELY manipulatively worded and hostile to achieve whatever your real goals are here, there are much more respectable and reasonable ways to approach the solutions you want and this is a pretty awful way to get there.

13 Likes

I was at least one of those people whose reports just now got responded to. It was very odd to me considering it has been well over a month since I reported the incidents and I just now got a response back that action was being taken only after I made a post in this thread about not hearing anything back on if anything had been done. I did get a message when I had sent it that yes there was a holiday and there would be some delay but I did not expect it to take over a month for my response to be heard and action to be taken as at this point I see it as useless as at least one of those involved in my report is now not even involved in tower anymore. I get that as you have stated the moderation teams may be small but I just did not foresee my response taking that long to have been seen and responded to. I really hope that maybe in the future something can be done about response times.

4 Likes

I’ve just updated the report page to address this issue.

5 Likes

I am aware of a significant amount of harassment.

Much of this harassment is originating from individuals posting in this very thread, labeling me as a gay transphobe because of my religious beliefs.

Personally, I opt to block and ignore rather than report everything to the developers.

I believe it’s more mature to simply walk away and not overwhelm them with unnecessary matters.

1 Like

I appreciate you taking the time to reply, I really do.

I suppose I put a little too much faith in the community when it comes to sending fleshed out reports. I hear about failed reports often, or bans that don’t seem harsh enough for the harassment the individual received.
I stressed in my post that I feel like Pixeltail is doing what they can when it came to moderation, and there has been a rather striking uptick in bad apples this year.
In the end I love Tower, and want it to be a safe and fun place for everyone.
And I’m absolutely sure of it that you and the team do too.

Please don’t be rude.
If you took the time to read the post he very much cleared up some confusion on the matter, and wants good info regarding recent bad behaviour.

I’m sure they’d still greatly appreciate the report and work with you to figure it out, as this is a pretty major flaw in the system that can be used for targeted harassment.

I understand you’re upset, but this is uncalled for.
Mac already said they get roughly 4 - 10 reports a day, which I assume can be cleared up by one individual in a day, I don’t think it’s necessary to hire more staff to handle reports.
However I do believe active moderation; as in a public role people can look up to when it comes to actively moderating then and there, would be a better solution for the near future.

This is extremely uncalled for and not warranted.
The developers deserve their holidays and breaks after working hard on consistent updates to the game, they are humans as well with lives outside of the game and work on several aspects of it all in one go. Not all of them are cut out for moderation.

I am thankful people have stepped forward to reply to the post with their own concerns.
As a community driven game, it’s important that we all have a good understanding, and even tho there are some heated emotions I can tell it all comes from a dear place of love and passion for the game, in the end we’re all just players who want this game to succeed. None of us should be going for low blows just because something upsets us.
Express your concerns like I and others have in a calm manner, it’s ignorant to assume nothing gets done about moderation, and simply informing the devs through their avenues is better than staying silent and letting it stew.

If Mac wishes to lock the thread, feel free. I believe the points have been crossed.
And I do thank his time for crossing some people’s concerns.

12 Likes

It isn’t mature to distribute someone’s personally identifiable information in DMs though, regardless of your religious beliefs

6 Likes