Importing User Made Items

Hey so I just joined this form, but I played Gmod Tower and am so far loving Tower Unite!

So heres my question:

Would it be possible to at some point have a system where people can import their
OWN ITEMS

by this I mean at some point allowing users to import their own meshes and textures that they can put on display in their condos. It might be tricky to implement, but if anyones heard of SecondLife they do practically that. It might be tricky, but maybe not impossible?

I’m definitely not an expert on this, but maybe theres a way to do it through the steam workshop like Garry’s Mod does when they allow people to load in their own items and create mods based around them.

If anything maybe it would be possible to implement a workshop system like Team Fortress 2 where user created items (if upvoted) may be brought into the game.

I don’t know. Does anyone else think this would be a good idea?

Tower Unite is planned to have Workshop support soon.

https://trello.com/c/16uWZvvd/107-workshop-support

Beyond that, the devs have expressed interest in having some sort of support for other mods.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I can’t believe I missed that.
I’m learning a lot about 3D modeling and animation, and having workshop support would really be game changer for me.

Pair that with the Oculus Rift support and I see great future for TU!