I'm Starting To Feel Worried

Agreed. I love Alien Swarm! Great little coop Source mod, with TONS of workshop campaigns available.

1 Like

As long as Alien Swarm is being mentioned, I figured I might as well also mention the free standalone mod Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop. It’s more or less the same as classic Alien Swarm, but it’s got a few additional community additions (plus Workshop support).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/563560/

6 Likes

Oh, neat. Wasn’t aware of this. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

The way I see it, it’s more like “The community took over the game since it seems to be abandoned by Valve”.

2 Likes

It’s basically a “Definitive Edition” or GOTY. Literally same game but expanded. Is the original even listed on Steam anymore cuz it has no purpose lol.

1 Like

I know I’m responding late, but I think I’ve figured out how to fix the “people won’t be able to see it” problem with my suggestion. Dismiss what I’ve said previously, and behold my new idea:

An official “showcase” server. You’d build a condo in “creative” mode, then upload it to a database. The best uploaded builds (either handpicked by the devs or voted on by the community) would then be put in a map rotation of an official server. You’d get credited as the author, but you wouldn’t “own” the condo or control when it’s being hosted. The older maps in the rotation could get periodically replaced with newer ones, or they could keep adding up.
The authors of the “featured” builds could also receive an in-game reward, like a large sum of units or a special item, but we’re getting into a more controversial territory here.
This would allow builders to create awesome stuff for everyone to enjoy and give the rest of us a really cool, always changing place to hang out in.

What do you think?

3 Likes