Ideas for How to Improve Infected Payouts

Right now, the payouts for the infected are very bad compared to the survivors’ payouts (I get 2000-2500 on average as survivor, but 300-900 on average as infected), which makes it feel very discouraging to get infected even though it’s basically unavoidable.

So, here’s a few suggestions for how the infected’s payouts could be increased to around the same level as the survivors.

1. Instead of having separate bonuses for survivor kills and infections, there should just be one bonus for your total kills in a round.
    This bonus would have a max of 5 kills, with 150 units awarded per kill, for 750 units max.

2. There should be a bonus for being the first and second infected and winning the round.
    First infected would get 300 units, and the second would get 200.

3. The bonus for infected winning should be bumped up to 150 units, since survivors usually win and a 30 unit bonus seems a bit small.

4. If you were the last survivor but got infected, you should get a bonus, depending on how long you stayed alive.
    If you were alive for under 5 seconds, you’ll get 50 units, 100 units for 5-10 seconds, 200 units for 10-20 seconds, and 400 units for 20 or more seconds.

I like this.

I believe we have a first infected bonus?

I don’t like this because it would be really easy to farm by just losing at the game with some friends over and over.

I like this as it puts more emphasis on staying alive longer. However, not sure if it should just be last survivor…

10 Likes

If you were the last survivor but got infected, you should get a bonus, depending on how long you stayed alive

It could work, but it’s pretty improbable for the last survivor to last more than 10 seconds in a round with a fair amount of people. How about having a bonus for every kill he has done as last survivor? Like maybe 100 units per kill, with a max of 600 (6 kills)

2 Likes