How to deal with losing a loved one

A member of my family is currently in really bad health, and I was wondering if anyone else in the same situation that I am in has any ways to help. I’ve only had one loss in my life and he was not even the most close but, I was really upset. So, I’m hoping my grandma gets better but I need some tips on how to make this easier for myself.

1 Like

Well you just kinda become ok with it after a while since you have naturally gone through the process of grieving for the person that has died.

Although id recommend talking with a friend about it, or try one of those grief counselors since they are trained to handle stuff like this.

1 Like

My great grandma died a few years ago (she was 100 years old), but I started to feel better when I just thought of all the great times I had with her and the longer it’s been since she passed, the less difficult it usually is to get too sad about it and not think of all the good times with her.

But I’ve have not really had any good times with my grandma, and if I go make some now it will be depressing because she will in a lot of tubes and probably asleep, what if she dies when I’m not there, and her last thought is that she wished I was there. I’m sorry this got really morbid but, I’m really worried.

Well, it’s better to have a good time with her now than to not have a chance to.

I’d urge you to go see her, especially considering as you said that her last wish might be that she wanted to see you one last time, it will help ease her passing for her, and it can help you deal with what’s to come by talking to her before it’s too late.

And you might not have had any good times with your grandma, but id say it’s better to go there, deal with the sadness from seeing her like that and to bring her happiness in her last moments than having to spend the rest of your life in regret over something you wish you could change.

Jinko, I had that situation fall on me plenty of times, more recently in May.

Try not to stress too much about it. If you do have issues about someone dying, consult someone who can help you, That’s what I did back in May.

Remember, we’re always there for you.

1 Like

I’ve been there too. If you’re able to, make time to go see them. You’ll be glad you did.

Remember that we’re all here for you, like Agent said. My DMs are always available if you need to get something off your mind. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

My grandpa passed away a few months ago. The thing that makes me the most happy is remembering all the good times with him, but at first, that only made it worse. Honestly, I just had to naturally work my way through it all at first. I had to appreciate the time I had with him, and keep moving on.

Also, I think he waited to spend his last night with me there. I was in very bad health for a few days, and was ready to go at any time. He kept hanging on, and hanging on, then I finally made up my mind, and decided I wanted to be with him, and see him one last time. I’m so glad I decided to go see him, because if I didn’t, I would have regretted it forever. But I spent that last night in a recliner next to him at the hospital. Then, the next morning, we ate breakfast (he didn’t, he was on meds that kept him basically almost asleep to keep him comfortable in his final moments), and talked about all the good times we had with him (he could hear us, but couldn’t reply, only occasionally squeeze our hands), and then once the nurses came in and readjusted him to make him more comfortable, and gave him a hot towel to warm his feet up, he peacefully passed away.

Point being, I’m pretty sure he held on and waited for me to be there before he passed away. And it’s good to go see them, and have closure.

1 Like