Hot Fix 0.6.2.1

This update addresses several issues that were reported.

We’ve also reworked the Plaza Minigames to make them a better experience for everyone, improving networking and lag.

We also fixed up some Halloween Plaza issues and optimized more.

Changes

• Plaza minigames networking has been drastically reduced (will solve many of the lag issues with them)
  • Plaza minigame targets and actions are now clientside (other players cannot shoot your targets before you have a chance). Now it’s all about getting the highest score
  • Optimized Halloween Plaza

Bug Fixes

• Fixed player models reverting to default feminine model
  • Fixed appearance body tabs not showing outfits properly
  • Fixed sound emitters not loading their sounds on condo load sometimes and not saving volume min/max
  • Fixed sound emitters playing a random sound when you first place it
  • Fixed teleporter effects not being colored properly
  • Fixed fog in Plaza theater
  • Fixed some reported Plaza bugs
  • Fixed FX and sound emitter icons displaying on for condo guests (should only be for the owner)

You can follow our current developments on our Trello:
https://trello.com/b/6BwRMiPw/tower-unite-roadmap

You can follow our weekly developer logs here:
http://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/devupdates/weekly-dev-logs

You can report bugs on our forums:
http://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/bug-report

Or you may also report bugs on our Steam community, but please expect slow response time.

13 Likes

holy shit
i woke up right as it dropped and didnt realise

1 Like
  • Fixed player models reverting to default feminine model

Thank you!, This happened always!

5 Likes

NOW ONWARD TO ARCADE!!!

…please?

3 Likes

IIRC, achievements are next and then arcade

2 Likes

What’s IIRC?

IIRC is an acronym for “If I Recall Correctly”.

7 Likes

Sorry to be that guy but it’s an Abbreviation. An acronym would be something like GIF, or NASA where the letters are said as a word.

3 Likes

At first, I thought you were completely wrong, then I looked this up and you’re half right. IIRC is an abbreviation, but it’s also an acronym. According to Merriam-Webster, an acronym is “an abbreviation (such as FBI) formed from initial letters.” An abbreviation is any shortening of a word or phrase. As such, IIRC is considered both an abbreviation and an acronym.

3 Likes

i am
:point_down::sunglasses::point_down:
severely confused and distressed since these are both right and wrong,
you kids with your fancy shortened internet linguo have confused me.

3 Likes

Yeah… now i’m confused :confused:

Didn’t mean to derail the topic by the way. Some nice changes and fixes.

1 Like

Alright, let’s see if I can boil this down to remove any confusion.
IIRC stands for If I Recall Correctly.
IIRC shortens the original phrase, so it is an abbreviation.
IIRC is formed from the first letter of each word in the original phrase, so it is an acronym.

Fight me.

No, but actually I did search up the differences between an Acronym and Abbreviation before posting and I went off what I skimmed on vspages and I saw Boulevard being shorted down to Blvd. being noted as an abbreviaton which IIRC kind of is, and GMT standing for Greenwich Mean Time as an acronym so I guess it is a bit of both as @Arkive86 was saying.

Really wasn’t too focused on whether it was 100% right but I did try to search it up before hand, but I guess I know my stuff now (somewhat). :stuck_out_tongue:

Also guys what’s the difference between an upload and a download??

2 Likes

Supplemental Fixes for 0.6.2.1

• Resolved minigame crash issues with servers
  • Fixed disk cache setting not disabling properly
  • Fixed canvas sphere collision when stretched
  • Attempted to resolve a crash with canvas disk cache (more crash dumps will help)
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.