Thank you all for your feedback and enjoying the Accelerate alpha. We’ve made many changes and bug fixes in this update to Accelerate.
- Accelerate: Increased horn volume
- Accelerate: Reduced dirt slow down effect
- Accelerate: You can now drift with shift (without jumping)
- Accelerate: Improved homing ball nearby player targeting. Now the homing ball will only go towards a nearby player if they are in front of you in the race (instead of targeting players behind you), otherwise it’ll travel on the track to find a target
- Accelerate: Improved item flinging (easier to land the items)
- Accelerate: Adjusted network correction snapping
- Accelerate: Updated minimap for Pine Valley to display the shortcuts
- Accelerate: Rotated minimap to be oriented the direction of the starting line and added a finish line to it
- Accelerate: Moved controller button for horn to left shoulder as right shoulder is now drift (without jump)
- Accelerate: Selected color now saves
- Accelerate: Flux now has a sound effect when used
- Accelerate: Updated homing bowling ball fire particles
- Accelerate: Fixed reversing not working properly
- Accelerate: Fixed drifting not starting when going downhill
- Accelerate: Fixed over-steering while drifting over boost pads
- Accelerate: Reduced boost sounds on game start
- Accelerate: Fixed kart customize showing low resolution textures
- Accelerate: Fixed kart customize rotation animation be tied to FPS, thus being faster on some machines than others
- Accelerate: Fixed drifting and boost pads causing the drift smoke effects to end (but you are still drifting)
- Accelerate: Fixed spinning out not ending drifting
- Accelerate - Pine Valley: Fixed various spots where players could glitch out of the map
- Accelerate - Pine Valley: Fixed various spots where players could get stuck out of bounds
- Fixed name tags not showing up with Q held when “Always Display Name Tags” is disabled
- Fixed workshop editor player model error “Model null for upload”
- Fixed Plaza 2D map player avatar scales
- Fixed crash in menu
- Fixed a few crashes related to rich presence
Known Issues that are currently being tackled
- Bowling: Memory leak with media players
- Various crashes in the game
- Dedicated server crashes/instability
- Accelerate: Late join has issues spawning players in and unable to grab items
- Accelerate: Drift effects stay on during first starting boost
Join our Discord for development updates and community fun!
We love awesome people like you!
We’re also active on Twitter!
Follow our developments on our Trello in near real-time:
Take a peek at what’s being worked on every week in our weekly dev logs! There’s bound to be something interesting every week!
Please report bugs & submit suggestions on our forums. We’re active everyday & here to help.
For bug reports: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/bug-report/18
For suggestions: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/suggestions/7
<3 PixelTail Games