Happy 10th Birthday GMod Tower!

Well lads we did it, it’s been 10 years since GMod Tower launched back on July 26th, 2009. Today is a really big day for the people within the Tower community like myself, and a big day for PixelTail! I first joined GMT in 2013 and never really started playing until I visited again in 2014, and that one time I joined in 2014 was a blast! I played all day! I was only like 9 years old, but even a 9 year old can have fun on a Garry’s Mod server, right? Personally, I never thought Tower Unite would be successful back in 2015 when it was announced, which is why I never backed it. That was mainly because I liked the vibe of it being a Garry’s Mod server. But I saw a lot of alpha footage, and boy did I regret not backing it! And here we are today! One other unfortunate thing, is my old steam account I used to play GMT on got deleted a couple months or so before GMT was shutdown, but it did not stop me from playing it one last time on my current account on the last day. Cheers to 10 years! Thanks PixelTail, and most importantly, thanks Mac!

28 Likes

Can’t believe it’s already GMod Tower’s 10th anniversary! Time sure flies by like a human blur. 10 Years ago our tower journey began and still continues to this day thanks to Tower Unite.

I’ve whipped up a special video for this occasion, talking about the history and showing a video montage to showcase how much fun the players and I had during GMod Tower.

Thank you PixelTail!

14 Likes