Give Ballrace More Content

Yeah, they have shown it like a dev log a while ago but mutators got a while before being implemented.

2 Likes

the only fresh ball race content we got this past year or two are ball race condos lol

3 Likes

It’s kind of a weird situation. I think both Ball Race and Minigolf have a reason to have as many maps as they have because they have heavy focus on map knowledge. Once anyone beyond the casual level has mastered those maps, there really isn’t much left for you to do. Besides chase WRs I guess, but I’d imagine even that is only a temporary solution, and it alienates almost everyone else except for the most dedicated.

Personally I don’t care for either game mode all that much. A few years ago we were getting new Ball Race and Minigolf maps left and right every few months it seemed, and it was kind of getting on my nerves. Not the fault of Pixeltail or the game modes themselves, again I do believe they NEED that map support more than, say, Zombie Massacre, especially considering their popularity compared to every other game mode.

Honestly, I think Workshop support for game mode maps is the solution. It’s a large task and I have my doubts it will happen anytime soon, if at all, but it will definitely make everyone happy. BR/Minigolf players get all the maps they could ever want, and Pixeltail can focus on new features or fixing issues for everybody else.

8 Likes

Not a matter of “if”. Long since been confirmed and as on the Trello. Just a matter of when.

4 Likes