Game freezes for 1-3 minutes when joining PixelTail Plaza

I don’t have anything log-wise or anything like that to help. Sorry :pensive:

Giving us your computer specs would help immensely. This is sometimes a problem with the system being underpowered and not being able to load it very quickly.

Your title implies that it’s only the pixeltail server that you’re having problems with. Do you have problems connecting to other unofficial servers?

Giving us your computer specs would help immensely. This is sometimes a
problem with the system being underpowered and not being able to load it
very quickly.

@Advanst Good point. I’ll get straight on that.

Your title implies that it’s only the pixeltail server that you’re
having problems with. Do you have problems connecting to other
unofficial servers?

@Cakemagic Didn’t think of that when posting either. Will check also.

1 Like

Alright, here are the basics (I think this is all you’ll need, tbh)

Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz

Video Card

AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

RAM

8.0 GB

Operating System

Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit

I tried multiple other servers, but with the same results.

Hm, I don’t see any issues. I would suggest uninstalling/reinstalling if you’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel. I’ll see if I can get some extra help with it. The graphics card may be a bit low end to handle what TU requires, but I don’t see any super abnormalities.

Oh and just saying, it’s somewhat normal to take a while to load into the plaza. People with high power rigs will still take a minute or so to load it up.

Does the game run normal after you joined a server? If that’s the case, I’d blame your hard drive for being really slow. If not your gpu might not have enough vram to run the game.

It runs perfectly after the map finally loads up.

@Advanst Thanks :slight_smile:

Does it take a long time to boot your computer? If yes your HDD is quite slow. Or maybe you installed your own antivirus software that uses your HDD all the time? Loading the Plaza from an HDD shouldn’t take minutes.

It takes about 45 seconds to boot. Is that long?
also, i tested again, about a minute and a half average from 5 relogs.

I run SSDs in my PC but I also got a virtual Windows 10 machine stored on my HDD. And it takes about 15s to load. Maybe your HDD is getting old and/or you got a shitty WD Green as your maindrive. TU could use some optimisation FOR HDDs but don’t blame the game for slow loading times. And if everything runs smoothly you’re good to go :smile:

I have a similar problem. It’s usally on high ping servers like the official lobby (since I’m in the UK) but everything else loads quickly. The only thing I could think of is the fact that I am using an SSHD instead of an SSD since I only have a 120gb ssd. All other specs i5, gtx 770, 16 gb ram etc shouldn’t be a problem.

Well to give you some background, I have an SSD, so my PC’s boot time is somewhere around a whopping 5 seconds. Tower Unite is also on my SSD, so I just tried connecting to the lobby 5 times, and here are the times I got:

• 0:54.7
  • 0:19.7
  • 0:18.8
  • 0:18.5
  • 0:17.5

I would just chalk it up to the plaza legitimately taking that long to load right now. TU isn’t fully optimized, so it could probably change in the future.

eh, whatever. i doesnt really bother me that much anyways. I just thought i’d check to see if i could improve my join times in any way. probably my Hard Drive is getting old and running out of space. might be getting my grandpa’s 1 terabyte external hard drive he never used. that might help a bit.

1 Like

those are similar times to what I get

External hard drives are usually much slower so I doubt it would actually help.

Well, I do needvthe extra storage space. Running low on memory in my 500GB HDD.