Game freezes during opening and crashes

when I go to open the game it opens up shows the loading screen and then freezes, I’ve tried uninstalling and verifying game files. (while freezing I noticed that the game gradually increases in ram usage until around 98% *i got 16gb) and after some time the game crashes.

Could you post the full specs of your machine?

1 Like

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390 series

can someone help me?

Is there any sort of crash dialogue that pops up, or does it just crash? If there’s not, and assuming you’re on Windows, is there anything in the %localappdata%\Tower\Saved\Crashes folder?

Also, when you’re doing a reinstall, have you tried also emptying out the config files in case one of those is causing the issue? I don’t know how it would happen, but something could’ve maybe gotten messed up in one of those. Might wanna make a backup if you do this and have any custom input stuff you want saved. %localappdata%\Tower\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

2 Likes

no crash dialogue pops up. In the crash folder I found some crash reports but they don’t seem very helpful, and about reinstalling and emptying config files I tried that and it didn’t work

could it have something to do with the c++ installation? I saw a forum where someone suggested to someone with crashes to reinstall the c++ installation on his pc or something like that

solved the issue by installing the game on a different drive (from D: to C:) now the game works

1 Like