Frame Rate Almost Halving When Game is Open for >5 Minutes

Not sure whats going on here but i’ve been testing my fps and on minigolf for example on the garden map I will start of with around 180 - 200 fps but if i replay the map ill drop to 100 and less and get lots of horrible stuttering :frowning: .

Was fine until today so I’m kind of concerned as its currently unplayable. Has anyone had a similar issues or fixes because my only solution right now is restarting my game every 5 mins…

edit: GTX 970, i5 3570k

edit: although the frames at 100fps would usually look fine to me the main issue is the STUTTERING its awful.

edit: Alright, I fixed it! If anyone is having issues similar to this, try deleting the Tower folder in C:\Users\You\AppData\Local\Tower and letting it reinstall.

IMPORTANT: Make sure to backup any config or data files you want.

I’m back to a constant 150 at max resolution :slight_smile:

Idk about that stuttering, but 100 and less… unplayable?
dude, my usual fps in garden is below 30…

I think he meant 18, 20 and 10

You aren’t alone. I’ve had terrible framerate problems ever since 0.2.0.0. Used to get 60 fps consistently. Now I get 15-20 and I can’t even stand to play it. I asked Mac about it a few days ago and he blamed it on me and said to get an SSD. Needless to say, I’ve been pretty ticked off. May have to attempt to get a refund but that’s super unlikely, since I’ve had the game for so long now.

I’ve retested this on the same cutscene on mingolf garden with 100% resolution scale and its worst.

When I launch my game and open up the map and let the custscene run I’m at a smooth 150-170 and on around the third time letting the cutscene run my fps drops to around 60 and the stuttering makes it impossible to play. Usually 60 in games is fine to me but this is completly different due to the stuttering.

When I’m down to the low fps and stuttering the only thing that helps is lowering my resolution or render scale where I manage to get my fps back to 140+ with less stutter but adjusting the render scale only used to gain me almost nothing.

Reinstalled twice now with no differences.

with 100% render scale it can drop to 40 depending on how long my games been open and the main issue is the stuttering. It can make 100fps look like 20.

Alright, I fixed it! If anyone is having issues similar to this, try deleting the Tower folder in C:\Users\You\AppData\Local\Tower and letting it reinstall.

IMPORTANT: Make sure to backup any config or data files you want.