Fishing

[ul][li]“Alter gameplay from a 2D minigame to a 3D minigame. Decided to make fishing entirely take place in the game world space with minimal to no HUD. Skill lies in knowing when the fish is going to take the bait in full (with visual cues), timing the reel, and fighting the reeling of the fish” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][/ul]

8 Likes

My hype for this is unreal. This sounds way better then anything I was expecting. Very hype for the basic fish AI in condos too, really hoping we can put caught fish in the Underwater Condo sea.

2 Likes

“New revolutionizing AI”
11/10 IGN

But seriously this will be an awesome addition to the tower, going out to the pier and catching a giant super rare fish and then displaying it proudly in your condo, or if we could cook the fish we could turn it into a nice fish steak and display that proudly in our condo, until some dummy comes and eats it.

3 Likes

Gimme

Looking forward to this one a lot.

THEY LITTERALLY DID HALF OF IT NOW
wow.

[ul][li]“HUD: Visual cues for when a fish is nibbling on the bait” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][li]“Gameplay: Catching fish (struggle minigame)” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][/ul]

6 Likes

[ul][li]“Gameplay: Fish swam away (failed to catch the fish)” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][/ul]

6 Likes

[ul][li]“HUD: Displaying caught fish” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][/ul]

7 Likes

Can i Get an AMEN?

®amen.

[ul][li]“HUD: Catching fish line tension display” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][/ul]

8 Likes

11 to go buddy!

[ul][li]“Fish AI: Polishing fish AI animations” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][/ul]

7 Likes

All i want for Christmas is fishing!

Will we be able to fish inside our condos?

The condos that have water should really allow this. More things need to be possible in the condos so people have a reason to hang out other than just playing you tube videos.

We will.

2 Likes

Opps I see you answered that question already in the comments.
Props for not pointing that out in some jerk like fashion and very good to hear.

3 Likes

I hope we’ll be able to catch some crazy stuff like Whales/Sharks/Jellyfish in the future. Need to populate my Underwater Condo (I realise this might be a pipe dream but it would be amazing if fishing was something they occasionally updated with new things to catch).

I can’t wait to see all the fisheses

2 Likes