February 2021 Condo Contest (Night Out / In)

Hey everyone!

February’s Condo Contest is beginning! The theme this month is A Night Out (or In).

So, for this contest, just make a build that captures the feeling of a night out or in. There aren’t any strict guidelines beyond that and the rules below, so have fun with it!

Also, feel free to incorporate Valentine’s Day into your build, if you want, so long as your build still works within the original theme.

The contest ends on March 1st, 2021 at 8:00AM CST.

Prizes:

• 1st Place - 1,000,000 Units
  • 2nd Place - 500,000 Units
  • 3rd Place - 250,000 Units

Note: Participation prizes (75k) may be rewarded to participants when we are pleased with the entries, along with other bonuses for close contenders.

Prize amounts / Places may be raised depending on the types/amounts of entries.

Rules:

• Must fit within the theme!
  • Must be appropriate content (no nudity, hate speech, etc.)
  • Must post at least 3 pictures of your condo.
  • Must be something new - you can’t submit something you started before this post was made.
  • If you make something in a pre-existing Condo build, or if you significantly rework your condo to fit into the theme, make sure to focus your pictures on the area you’re submitting for the contest. (I strongly encourage these types of builders to submit before and after pictures to help us judge.)

How To Submit:

• Post at least 3 screenshots of your Condo as a reply to this thread as your entry to the contest. If you can’t upload images here, use an external image hosting service such as Imgur to embed the images here.
  • Include your Steam ID in the submission, so we can award you the Units if you win! (If you aren’t sure how to send your Steam64 ID, just link to your Steam Profile in your submission post.)

How to Submit: CO-OP CONDO PARTICIPANTS:

Tower Unite now allows for Co-Op building in condos, and, since that is the case, we have some rules for submitting a Condo built with others.

You can go about submitting builds from Co-Op condos in two ways:

1. Everyone who participated in the build gets credit

An Example: Person A opens their condo for Person B and C to help them build a Haunted House. Person A builds the structure, and Person B and C help them decorate it. They all like how it came out as a whole, and want to submit it to the contest together.

• If you submit this way, the owner of the Condo should make a post with pictures of the whole build.
  • Include the usernames and Steam IDS of everyone who participated.
  • If the entry wins, the prize will be divided equally amongst the participants.
  • Participation prizes (75k) will also be divided equally amongst participants, if applicable.

2. One person takes credit for their part of a larger build

An Example: Person A opens their Condo for Person B to help build a Haunted House in. Person A builds a cool maze next to the house, while Person B decorates a bunch of rooms on their own. Both want to submit their parts of the build separately.

• If you submit this way, post pictures of the part of the Condo that you built.
  • Include your Steam ID.
  • If the entry wins, you will get the full prize.

Have fun, and if you need help with anything about the contest, let me know in this thread or in a private message!

13 Likes

Val Day PartySuite

SteamID: 76561198806263796

Entrance, kitchen, and Dinning room.

Bathroom.

Outside.

Upstairs

Closet.

Secret Skelefriend.

Val Nightclub

8 Likes

Neon Abyss Nightclub

For this build, Myself and Snuffles created a very Neon-inspired Nightclub.
(The screenshots are a little off because the neon lights only render at certain angles)

Steam IDs:
Cat - 76561198157199372
Snuffles - 76561197984561750

19 Likes

Brick & Molar Coffeeshop

SteamID: 76561198061743964

Top views of the Cafe

Fireplace area (also the valentine’s day section)

Barista & Staff section

View from the Entrance

Edit: Fun-Fact! All textures are using the ones provided ingame except the posters and coffee beans.

9 Likes

ENDLESS goth club (and Sandman tribute)
Steam ID: 76561198000067240

Note: I uploaded an early version to the Workshop earlier this month (within the bounds of the contest) - added a few things since then, but it’s basically the same concept.

5 Likes

The Gray Lobby
Steam ID: 76561198053353075

~upstairs~

~the docks~

~party zone~

~side room~

2 Likes

What better place to enjoy a date then at the local night club? At “La Tour”, they offer a classy bar with a fantastic garden for those who want a more quiet time, a DJ night club below for couples to dance together, and for those who just want to enjoy time with their friends, there are private rooms with televisions, couches, and half off alcohol!

Steam ID: 76561198023173016

4 Likes

Giza nights in noir style.
There is a stage with the band, 2 VIP sections, a separate VIP section for lovers, and a bar with a pool table and a gazebo dining area in the garden.
I uploaded it to the workshop, where you can see it, it is called Giza Nights - Noir.

Steam ID : 76561198104650081

12 Likes

This is gorgeous and I definitely lost this contest. :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

What’s good

This is my Late Submission to the Condo Contest as I only found out this existed 2 days ago!

My theme is a Nightclub with Daft Punk playing live as I find it a fitting tribute to their recent breakup.

This is the first Condo I’ve designed and the first Competition for Tower Unite and it looks almost unrecognizable… Any feedback is much Appreciated :slight_smile:

Mostly
Entrance + Lobby + Bar

ezgif-5-a7a1fb7b675f

The Main Floor

For this I’ve created my own compound with a glass roof, Sometimes it’s a struggle to remove areas of the world that’s permanently there so there is a random tree on the dancefloor but hey, at least it attracts vegans to the club.

1/2 because of new user limit of 10 images

8 Likes

2/2 - Hutchie

Secondary Room + Home-made Bathroom W/ Dat Boi who will offer you fresh mints and deodorant.

Please make it away to edit world props as the bathroom in the condo was not suitible for this haha. Also, please add mirrors to the DIY store or something like that :slight_smile:

14 ![15|690x370]

Smoking Area (Didn’t get time to properly finish)

![18|690x390]

Good Luck Everyone!

Edit: https://steamcommunity.com/id/JackHutchins

8 Likes

Fantastic! The meshing of the floor animations and water fx, the lighting, the material choices, the animated elements. So great, much vibe!

1 Like

Those shots of the distant pyramids and looking out at them from various spots inside really takes me there - a sexy and vivacious desert oasis.

2 Likes

Alright, everyone! Thank you for participating in the contest. These entries have been great, and it was fun to see how you all interpreted the theme!

We will now be taking time to judge the entries and will let you know the winners when we’re done.

2 Likes

Oh, also, @Hutchie, please edit your post to include a link to your Steam ID or Steam profile.

Thank you very much, yours is also very imaginative and unique …
The London landscape is my favorite … :heartbeat:

1 Like

I’ve now edited my post to include my link

2 Likes