Ethical issue regarding Tower Unite

if a dolphin literally sells sea animals, including other dolphins, for profit, isn’t that a form of slavery
i need answers

16 Likes

“heyo, fellow sea-friend, for like six bucks will you become a slave to wander around this strangers tank/house or something for the rest of time?”

3 Likes

If you hire a janitor, is that slavery? No. The sea dollars are the wages you pay for the service of a good pet. After that, they act as government surveillance, so you pay with your privacy. The real ethical issue is if the government has a right to spy on you via sea creatures without notifying you.

10 Likes

Only a slave if they work for you, this is like the treatment of irl animals but the seller is a sentient dolphin. Who’s to say they didn’t start life as a human who saw an opportunity when they got transformed? OR, or it could be an orphanage of sorts.

2 Likes

Dolphins are actually assholes tho so this makes sense. Totally not ethical, sure, but makes sense.

1 Like

Isn’t this like the animal crossing debate with animals catching fish and bugs to sell, store or in some cases eat?

2 Likes

Because video games

3 Likes

Then again we also have a fish in TU selling items used to catch fish. Not sure how you can get around that one.

2 Likes

Well technically we’re pretty developed animals ourselves, so there’s nothing wrong there, if you consider the AC villagers to be more developed (and sapient) evolutionary relatives to common wild animals as well. We just look a bit less like monkeys than, let’s say, octopus villagers in relation to actual octopi.
Still hasn’t stopped one of my villagers from commenting on the weirdness of me having a caged hamster for an item though

1 Like

You know the rumour about dolphins saving sailors, and pushing them towards beach?

Well, they are just playing. They are also can push you towards open ocean, with the same cute expressions and sounds. Just the sailors with whom they “played” liked that didn’t have the chance to tell about that.

2 Likes

Lol. Well, that’s not what I was expecting.

We were
Shoot and kill an infected person who was human until recently.
bit people to death with a dragon.
separating people with a chainsaw.
NPC sells NPC.
This world is a little strange.

So it’s no wonder there are dolphins that sell dolphins.

This is a game.
You think too much.

3 Likes

dude NPCs selling NPCs. This is just Detroit Become Human. Or maybe Blade Runner. Who is an NPC and who isn’t? Who can you trust in this virtual world? I’m a little suspicious of that Franky fella…

2 Likes

Don’t forget that we are cheerily, mercilessly murdering (seemingly) innocent ghosts for competition and prizes in the Ghost Hunting minigame, while fun music plays in the background.

3 Likes

They’re balloons with sheets over them.

2 Likes

master of disguise

ExemplaryPinkBasilisk-size_restricted

2 Likes