Eh, anyone wanna help port forward...?

Alright, so… I know this is completely off-topic, but does anyone know how to port forward? More specifically, a Wii U? Even more specifically, Splatoon?

I’m young, and not the best at it. My family barely has the money to pay for better internet, and I don’t expect someone to help me all the way through. In fact, I don’t care if someone can’t help me at all. I’m just curious if anyone that knows how to port forward could lend a hand.

Last year, October… I got a Wii U, and also Splatoon…But would you know that my NAT type is strict? Making my game almost unplayable??

Information… (Yeah, I know. Ask if you need more information…)
Console: Wii U
Game: Splatoon
Router: Belkin
NAT: Strict
(Can go online when playing games, but most of my games, no matter the platform… GTA V, Happy Wars, Splatoon… won’t let me participate in any multiplayer experience at all.

I’m going to state the obvious and say that your best bet would be to find a guide on http://portforward.com/

Edit: Just realized that they aren’t on the list. Sorry!

Tried that already, I could not find Splatoon or Wii U on the list. Thanks for the help, though.

For a Wii U, you probably want to set up a DMZ, not port forward, since it’s easier to set up. I haven’t done it in a while, so I’m not too sure on the specifics, but following this guide should help:

My router software had all the devices connected listed, so I just found the IP address for the Wii U and set it in the DMZ. Make sure the Wii U’s IP address is static (just set up the Internet settings on it manually), and you should be good to go.

You could also try contacting Nintendo support online and asking how to set up a DMZ for a Wii U if I managed to misremember something. The hold times are pretty long though.

Do you know by chance how to find a Wii U ip?

With my router, it was just listed on the router settings, along with every other device connected to the network. If it’s not there, I can’t provide any help, unfortunately.