Do you even SPECS Bro?

K my previous screen shot it just my bad computer that my pet vacuum of space uses, heres my actual one:
[insert super ultra ultimate all out fanatical out of bounds rabid drastic far-out radical excessive revolutionary extreme specs here]
yeah see i aint so shit now with my DDR69 ram am I???!?!!?!?!?

Just redid my PC Specs, so I figured I may was well post them. I had a HDD failure yesterday and lost a 1TB drive with 800GB of data on it. Thank god I backed up most of it the day before. :sweat_smile:

Comp: http://valid.x86.fr/u8gg31
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

1 Like

Iā€™d love to have a NAS but useful ones cost over 500 without the drives. And 8 nas drives cost about 1000$

Did a NAS setup with a friend earlier this year. Yeah, it can be expensive :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hereā€™s my beast.

2 Likes

2048MB vram in a 980ti, wot?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s just speccy being dirt not sure why it does it but if you run it in GPU-Z it shows the actual memory

1 Like

Yeah speccy doesnā€™t read the correct amount of vram on the 980 ti for some reason. @Arsenicā€™s 980 ti had the same issue when he posted his specs.

1 Like

would love to have the gpu

The 980ti? Is pretty niceā€¦

1 Like

Just wait til you see the performance of the 1070 and 1080. Gaming computers are about to get soo much better. Their VR tech is over twice as good. As well as many other general improvements that make a big difference overall. They hardly use any power too, only requiring one 8-pin power connector. Theyā€™re almost here! :dizzy_face:

Already have seen them. Donā€™t care. I donā€™t use this PC for VR and am very happy with my current card and am expecting a very long life out of it. This thing is so beastly it has liquid cooling.

Just picked up a Quickfire Rapid XT with Cherry MX Browns & and the Sunset Tai-Hao keycaps. I recently learned about how amazing mechanical keyboards and their benefits over the standard rubber dome keyboards. This thing looks amazing and feels awesome! Highly recommended for those keyboard shopping.

1 Like

Yea agreed after I saw the benchmarks for 980ti vs 1080 itā€™s really not a ā€œhugeā€ improvement I mean if youā€™re not running a 900 series itā€™ll be a nice upgrade tho.

Iā€™ll probably upgrade to whatever series is after the next series.

I ran a 660ti till the start of this year which was about 4 years. Only got an i7 around January 2015. I donā€™t foresee the need to upgrade this for a loooooong time, just like with that one (which lasted way longer than I though I would.) I actually still have it and plan to SLI it when I get a bridge.

Also @Omnipotent the new Razer Blackwidow chromaā€™s are pretty good. I got a BF3 Blackwidow and never had a problem with it other than the backlight dying after a whileā€¦ I upgraded to the chroma and accidentally dumped half a bottle of ginger ale on it in a hurry to get to work and itā€™s still working fine (I did dump a box of rice on it before I left but I dont know how much that helpedā€¦) I very much recommend them if you have the money.

This is why mechanical keyboards are superior.
Also holy crap dude these keycaps look amazing, and the best part is I could get them too since my keyboard has MX Browns as well.

Also, I hope the price of the 960 might drop down a bit once they become a bit more dated, should happen as soon as the 1070 and 1080 kick off.

1 Like

Since the embargo was lifted a few days ago, a lot of channels on YT have released benchmarks. It appears 1080 does beat everything available on the market right now.
If Titan X was a nearly pointless investment before, itā€™s equivalent of throwing money away now.
I guess 1070 is on the same level/slightly below the performance of TitanX/980Ti.

No, the difference between 1080 and 1070 will be much bigger than with the 980 and 970. This generation will have 10-20% performance improvement as usual. Itā€™s simply Nvidiaā€™s Marketing that makes the new generation look way better than it is.
Iā€™ll skip Pascal and keep my GTX 970.

Which is why I said 1070 will be at the same level as TitanX/980Ti at best.

Iā€™m referring to PC tech YT channels, not Nvidia itself.