December 2022 / January 2023 Condo Contest (Ice & Snow)

Hey everyone!

For December / January this year the contest theme will be Ice and Snow!

If you enter, your build should incorporate ice and snow in a significant way, focusing on a structure or landscape made with ice and/or snow. Other than that, feel free to decorate as you see fit.

The submission period ends on January 12th, 2023 at 11:59 PM.

Be sure to look at the prizes and follow the rules below!

And don’t forget: You can upload your entry to the Steam Workshop for everyone to get a better look at it! If you upload your entry to Workshop, you’re welcome to share the link in your post! :slight_smile:

:fireworks: → CONTEST RESULTS ← :fireworks:

Prizes:

• 1st Place - 2,000,000 Units
  • 2nd Place - 1,000,000 Units
  • 3rd Place - 750,000 Units
  • 4th Place - 500,000 Units
  • 5th Place - 300,000 Units

Note: Participation prizes (100k) may be rewarded to participants when we’re happy with the quality of entries, along with other bonuses for close contenders.

Prize amounts / Places may be raised depending on the types/amounts of entries.

Rules:

• Must post at least 3 pictures of your Condo.

• Focus your pictures on the area relevant to the contest.

• Must be appropriate content (no hate speech, nudity, etc.)

• Only make 1 submission post.

• You can update your post until the deadline.

• Must be something new. Don’t submit something you started before this post was made. (You can build/make additions in a pre-existing Condo, though.)

• If you won first place in the previous month’s contest and decide to enter this contest, you will still get a participation prize, but you cannot get a winning placement (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) again until the next contest.

• Try to only submit WIP builds towards the end of the contest, if you want to submit something you aren’t able to finish before the deadline.

How To Submit:

• Post at least 3 screenshots of your Condo as a reply to this thread as your entry to the contest. If you can’t upload images here, use an external image hosting service such as Imgur to embed the images here.
  • Include your Steam ID in the submission, so we can award you the Units if you win! (If you aren’t sure how to send your Steam64 ID, just link to your Steam Profile in your submission post.)

How to Submit: CO-OP CONDO PARTICIPANTS:

Tower Unite now allows for Co-Op building in condos, and, since that is the case, we have some rules for submitting a Condo built with others.

You can go about submitting builds from Co-Op condos in two ways:

1. Everyone who participated in the build gets credit

An Example: Person A opens their condo for Person B and C to help them build a Haunted House. Person A builds the structure, and Person B and C help them decorate it. They all like how it came out as a whole, and want to submit it to the contest together.

• If you submit this way, the owner of the Condo should make a post with pictures of the whole build.
  • Include the usernames and Steam IDs of everyone who participated.
  • If the entry wins, the prize will be divided equally amongst the participants.

2. One person takes credit for their part of a larger build

An Example: Person A opens their Condo for Person B to help build a Haunted House in. Person A builds a cool maze next to the house, while Person B decorates a bunch of rooms on their own. Both want to submit their parts of the build separately.

• If you submit this way, post pictures of the part of the Condo that you built.
  • Include your Steam ID.
  • If the entry wins, you will get the full prize.

After the deadline has passed, the submissions are judged by community voting, which I will post a link to in the responses to this thread once I finish setting it up.

Have fun, and if you need help with anything about the contest, let me know in this thread or in a private message! :snowflake:

4 Likes

Been waiting for this contest to appear so I got the terrain ready before I made the buildings.

6 Likes

heres my submission ^-^ (hope y’all enjoy)

2 Likes

Steam Profile: Baby In A Pipe
ID64: 76561198036810834

Ruins of Ishellir
This Condo uses the new Condo I/O system. For a proper experience, download and play on the workshop.

Workshop Link

Video Link

Pictures

3 Likes

Steam Profile: Otto
ID64: 76561198068656190

Surf_Ice
This map includes surf gameplay in levels ranging from very easy to very hard. only very basic IO has been used. For the recommended experience use a regular sized player-model without any potions and cap your FPS to 60

Workshop Link

Video Link

Pictures

More pictures
https://imgur.com/a/Foo1utk

sorry @Baby_In_A_Pipe for copying your format

7 Likes

Greetings! I present to you my condo to participate in the 2022/2023 Ice and Snow contest: WINTER CITY ! This is a diorama of a generic city during the winter time. In fact, you notice that kiosks have been set up in the central square, in addition to the magnificent skating rink in the space alongside. The idea of ​​this project was to add details to make it realistic, I’d like to know if I succeeded in doing it in your opinion! My steam profile is https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198843211101/ and this is WINTER CITY 2022 !

Anyways, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! (…a little late lol) :christmas_tree:

6 Likes

steam64 ID: 76561198230607640 if it doesn’t work I don’t need credits

video link
chungsmas rave - YouTube

1 Like

Creators

Condo Owner: Ayaya
Steam ID: 76561198050536020

Contributor: Hans
Steam ID: 76561199137479563

Snowflake Lake

This condo was a bit overly ambitious to complete in time for this contest, so for the sake of looking like a complete entry I’m only going to submit the finished lounge areas. I decided to leave the lounge open to the rest of the condo so people can get a sense of what the completed project will be like. Check out the workshop upload to get the full lighting and condo I/O experience.

Workshop Upload

Screenshots

6 Likes

The submission period for the contest has concluded! Thanks to everyone who participated. I’ll get out the community voting form soon!

Here is the community voting form for the contest:

It’ll be open until 11:59pm on January 16th, 2023!

The results of the community vote are in!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the vote. There were 52 responses this time!

I’ve added extra placements in the results again, as there were only 7 contest submissions.

The winners of the community vote are:

1st place (1,000,000 Units each) - @Ayaya & Hans

2nd place (1,000,000 Units) - @Baby_In_A_Pipe

3rd place (750,000 Units) - @TheGreenKing

4th place (500,000 Units) - @Kenmouth

5th place (300,000 Units) - @Woah

6th place (200,000 Units) - @Picklegal1

7th place - (175,000 Units) - @EdgarZone

Thank you all for joining the vote and the contest! Units will be distributed to all participants soon. And keep an eye out for next month’s contest! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.