December 2021 Condo Contest (Winter/Festivity)

Hey everyone!

December’s almost here, so it’s time for the next contest!

The theme this time, just like last year, is Winter and/or Winter Festivity! :snowflake:

As always, feel free to interpret that how you see fit, as long as the connection to the theme is clear. Desolate snowy landscapes, snowed-in cabins, winter wonderlands, Christmas villages- anything wintery can work, so have fun with it!

The deadline to submit your entries is January 2nd, 2022 at 11:59PM CT.
I’ll announce the time of the community vote after that.

If you’d like to see previous Winter Condo Contest entries for inspiration, check some out here:

Also, don’t forget that there are some new Condo surface textures available in the game from a recent update!

Be sure to check out the prizes and follow the rules below.

:fireworks: → CONTEST RESULTS ← :fireworks:

Prizes:

• 1st Place - 2,000,000 Units
  • 2nd Place - 1,000,000 Units
  • 3rd Place - 750,000 Units
  • 4th Place - 500,000 Units
  • 5th Place - 300,000 Units

Note: Participation prizes (100k) may be rewarded to participants when we are pleased with the entries, along with other bonuses for close contenders.

Prize amounts / Places may be raised depending on the types/amounts of entries.

Rules:

• Only submit one entry, and keep it all within one post. (Send me a PM if you’re having issues with posting.)
  • You can update your post until the deadline.
  • Must be appropriate content (no nudity, hate speech, etc.)
  • Must post at least 3 pictures of your condo.
  • Must be something new - you can’t submit something you started before this post was made.
  • If you make something in a pre-existing Condo build, or if you significantly rework your Condo to fit into the theme, make sure to focus your pictures on the area you’re submitting for the contest. (I strongly encourage these types of builders to submit before and after pictures to help us judge.)
  • If you want to submit a WIP build (for example, you started an entry and aren’t going to be able to finish it, but still want to share your work), only do so towards the end of the submission portion of the contest.
  • If you won first place in the previous month’s contest, you will still get a participation prize for this contest, but you cannot get a winning placement (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) again until the next contest.

How To Submit:

• Post at least 3 screenshots of your Condo as a reply to this thread as your entry to the contest. If you can’t upload images here, use an external image hosting service such as Imgur to embed the images here. (And, again, send me a message if you’re having further issues posting pictures.)
  • Include your Steam ID in the submission, so we can award you the Units if you win! (If you aren’t sure how to send your Steam64 ID, just link to your Steam Profile in your submission post.)

How to Submit: CO-OP CONDO PARTICIPANTS:

Tower Unite now allows for Co-Op building in condos, and, since that is the case, we have some rules for submitting a Condo built with others.

You can go about submitting builds from Co-Op condos in two ways:

1. Everyone who participated in the build gets credit

An Example: Person A opens their condo for Person B and C to help them build a Haunted House. Person A builds the structure, and Person B and C help them decorate it. They all like how it came out as a whole, and want to submit it to the contest together.

• If you submit this way, the owner of the Condo should make a post with pictures of the whole build.
  • Include the usernames and Steam IDS of everyone who participated.
  • If the entry wins, the prize will be divided equally amongst the participants.
  • Participation prizes (75k) will also be divided equally amongst participants, if applicable.

2. One person takes credit for their part of a larger build

An Example: Person A opens their Condo for Person B to help build a Haunted House in. Person A builds a cool maze next to the house, while Person B decorates a bunch of rooms on their own. Both want to submit their parts of the build separately.

• If you submit this way, post pictures of the part of the Condo that you built.
  • Include your Steam ID.
  • If the entry wins, you will get the full prize.

After the deadline has passed, the submissions are judged by community voting, which I will post a link to in the responses to this thread once I finish setting it up.

Have fun, and if you need help with anything about the contest, let me know in this thread or in a private message!

7 Likes

Behold a tiny house built out of canvas/wall cubes made just in time for Christmas! A small single tiny house with a garage, office, bathroom, living room, kitchen, foyer, and bedroom, all of which a cozy experience!

STEAM ID:76561198023173016

Note that some details may change during the condo, either sprucing up or adding small items around to make it more cozy or christmas-like

5 Likes

Steam Community :: Lady Rose
Condo will be open for tours all month of Decemeber.

7 Likes

Hi!

My name is Lindsey! I actually didn’t know this was a thing until I saw your update on the Pixeltail server this year. I started this project on the 23rd and just finished it today! I decided to use the smooth dirt condo and make a small development. I included some workshop houses around mine, but the main focus was my house. I built it using canvas cubes and then of course decorated the inside. I couldn’t include all the pictures here so I posted them to imgur. I still am sharing some screenshots here, but I am sharing the video I made too. The video here: (Tower Condo Contest 2021) links to my YouTube channel and video. I hope you like my condo, come by when you see me online!

https://imgur.com/gallery/UY9Sc1C

6 Likes

My buddy Niz made a fall themed condo & I was inspired make a Winter-themed counterpart for the contest. I took a lot the tricks/visual themes/egregious use of snow piles from my previous winter village build but condensed it into a Thomas Kinkade-esque sort of situation if Thomas Kinkade also used the Cabins he painted as rental properties/airBNBs. Thanks for checking this out! Happy Holidays.
Edit: Forgot to add, SteamID64 is 76561197992693806

10 Likes

This is absolutely gorgeous. :brown_heart:

3 Likes

Steam64 ID - 76561198076264400
Steam id/walleyezer/

Title - :christmas_tree: Christmas in Paradise :christmas_tree:

6 Likes

STEAM NAME: Alexer Zoderia

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:55964584

Howdy Howdy! Welcome to my Christmas Crashpad!

When I’m not hosting my show or committing crimes to violate the Geneva Convention, I’m hanging out at my lovely slice of suburbia! Since Christmas has come around, I decided to dolly the place up with the rest of the neighborhood!

The Outside of my home has been swamped with snow that never ends! Shovelling it all is a fruitless task, so I’ll just wait for the spring to thaw it out. For now, I can enjoy the outdoors in a couple places like…

My Front and rear Conservatories/Patios! They’re both insulated against the elements, and feature comfortable expansive views of the winter wonderscape!

My Upper Living room and Kitchen have been aptly decorated for the holidays, and while I lack a fireplace, I tend to make up for it with a nice Yule Log vid on Youtube!

My Lower Lounge has also been touched up! I can now game and drink with all the holiday cheer I can afford!

But That’s not the only place I can head to for a good time!

My Secret Speakeasy has been a local hit in the neighborhood, and Terrance has always been a good chat during the season!

But That’s not the only secret my basement hides…

Outside, the winter elements have done quite a number on my backyard!

Hopefully the pond thaws out in the spring! I hate not being able to fish during the winter…

My Condo will be open Daily for all to enjoy during the holiday season, after which it will revert to normal! Come Hang out while you can!

5 Likes

5 Likes

Condo Owner Steam ID: 76561198009811103
Co-op condo participant: 76561198052504903

We created a couple different ball race courses inside a couple different settings. After the voting begins I will be sure to upload this to the workshop. There’s a lot of tiny hidden fun stuff that is best experienced in game.

There’s an overall theme in the condo that I hope everyone can figure out!

4 Likes

Winter Cabin

Steam name: Caleegi
Steam64 ID: 76561198273420901

6 Likes

Silent Nighthawks

Christmas in old New York City, inspired by Edward Hopper.

I uploaded the original shortly before Christmas. The workshop version downplays festive elements. This one does not.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 41 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Alright, the submission portion of the contest has concluded! Awesome entries, everyone, and thanks so much to all who participated. I’ll get the community voting form out later today.

Here is the form for the Community Vote for those who’d like to participate: https://forms.gle/D6mLt1oEgFtGFc7z5.

It’ll be open until January 6th 2022 at 11:59PM CT.

The results from the community vote are in! Thanks to everyone who participated. There were 90 responses this time.

The winners of the December contest are:

1st place (2,000,000 Units) - @FrasierFan666

2nd place (1,000,000 Units) - @Niz

3rd place (750,000 Units) - @Cayla

4th place (500,000 Units) - @jamlee11

5th place (300,000 Units) - @Lady

Units for winners and participants will be distributed later today! Thank you all again for participating, it was awesome to see what you came up with.

Keep an eye out for the next contest!

9 Likes

Excellent builds everyone! Congrats to the winners!

6 Likes

The rewards have been distributed! Congratulations to everyone and can’t wait to see you all in the next one!

2 Likes