Daily Dev Log for November 30th, 2017

##Daily Dev Log for November 30th, 2017

Hey everyone! Here’s what everyone on the team has been working on over the course of today, November 30th, 2017.

@Zak talked about Zombie Massacre with the team, and looked into Skeletal Mesh things for Steam Workshop.

@macdguy planned out all the coding requirements for Zombie Massacre, including all the gameplay design features with the team. He also started working on Zombie Massacre code, stubbing out the character item classes (based on @Madmijk’s design), creating a basic turret item, and creating a item droppable system for the character. He made it so that you can now spawn a turret, which makes the item system nearly complete, and he slowed down the speed of the zombies. Outside of Zombie Massacre, he added volume sliders for both Plaza Music and Noise Makers (confetti guns), looked into regression issues, and created a function that will migrate old player settings to the new system.

@Lifeless continued working on the Zombie Massacre map, Gasoline. He implemented @Deniz’s fix for the light bridges into the Minigolf map, Emission, made some changes to Emission to prevent players being randomly ejected from courses as much, as well as improving the barrier curves so the ball is less likely to go off at a random tangent, and fixed an odd issue with lighting in the Virus map, Desertion as well as experimented with scaling down that map slightly.

@Matt participated in the Zombie Massacre meeting and continued working on the SPAS-12 for Zombie Massacre.

@Madmijk participated in the Zombie Massacre meeting.

@Johanna continued working on the Winter Plaza. She converted most of the Plaza’s floor brushes into models, which is more optimized and allows vertex painting for the snow and improved various visuals around the Plaza. She began using @Lifeless’s Christmas tree for decorating the Plaza, continued to string up lights around the Plaza, and made a preview lighting build.

@Caboose700 doesn’t work Wednesdays and Thursdays.

@Wergulz began working on the “Fist Melee” animation set, and revisited the “Shoot throw” animation, fixing some arc and overlapping issues.

@donglekumquat continued working on music for Zombie Massacre.

@Krionikal re-topologized and began texturing the Blade Trap for Zombie Massacre.

@Deniz discussed the design for Zombie Massacre programming, and worked on UML diagrams for the design.

That’s what everyone at PixelTail Games has been working on today! See you all tomorrow!

i feel like a meanie for doing this but…

It may have been talked about before, but will things like the new third person weapon animations translate into other areas of Tower? Or even possibly things like Fist Melee?

It’d be fun to be able to goof around and throw punches with others in condo/lobby, even if it was just visual.

The Slappers need a comeback

yay! i just made a post yesterday talking about updating zombie massacre trello page Hoozah!

So in addition to the zombie apocalypse the skeleton wars is also happening right now, guess it’s time to bring out the calcium.

You need to have 5 years of experience with C++, 2 years with C#, made 7 minigames in Python and hate .XML files with a burning passion inorder to play this game.

I can only imagine this is his reaction when he finishes it:

So, what did i tell you guys about outsourcing the gun manufacturing to Tediore?

from the daily logs, it seems like they’re trying to push zombie massacre before christmas comes out

if that happends,im gonna cry, of happyness

Santa Claus is gonna give us a zombie infestation for Christmas this year.

Guess we were on the naughty list

The naughty list?
I thought you would get the sweet release of death if you were on the nice list.

As much as Id love ZM getting to us sooner, it seems like itll be coming post New Year’s.

L I T T E R A L L Y H E A R T B R O K E N

Im just kiding, keep the work up devs!