Daily Dev Log for November 18th, 2017

##Daily Dev Log for November 18th, 2017

Hey everyone! Here’s what everyone on the team has been working on over the course of today, November 18th, 2017.

@Zak worked with @Foohy to get the chat backend finished. He added server filtering by message target, added a handshake protocol for game servers, and made Game Servers become identified by SteamID. Game Servers now receive the message type properly. He also fixed protocol::decode taking callbacks by-value instead of by-reference, and fixed the server socket constructing stream in write mode instead of read.

@macdguy continued working on Winter Events, implementing the new snowball model that @Matt created, along with fixing up some issues with the snowball weapon. He cleaned up and optimized draw calls on the Plaza fountain, and made it so that the Plaza Fountain can now be easily changed for different seasons. Lastly, he re worked the logic for the Minigame event arena (the Plaza fountain), now making it support teleporting players to different arenas per minigame and removing the stairs if needed.

@Foohy worked with @Zak to get the chat backend finished, refactoring some client code to be a bit more robust, adding support for identifying chat receivers based on SteamID, and hooking up the Global Chat code to the Chatbox.

@Johanna continued working on her quest to fix the Underwater Condo. She worked on improving the effects of the Underwater Windows, and finished re-coding the airlock blueprint. She reworked how the water state switching happens at the ocean’s surface to allow for more fluid (pun intended) transitions between surface and underwater, and vice versa. Lastly, she fixed some bugs that would cause the state changes when going under the surface to now work properly, as some or many effects would not turn on properly.

@Caboose700 continued to look into long term storage for server monitoring data and art assets.

That’s what everyone at PixelTail Games has been working on today! See you all tomorrow!

Now i gotta be careful when i walk through the plaza so i don’t get trapped at the fountain against my will.

[quote=“Johanna, post:1, topic:25409”]
continued working on her quest to fix the Underwater Condo.[/quote]
Somewhere far away in the world lies a mythical condo, it is said to be sick to the metal, twisted beyond comprehension and haunted with monsters only your deepest nightmares can make.
But legends say there is a hero named Johanna that will purge this horrible evil and save us all from its terrible power.
Set out on her grandest quest yet she will fight this condo in a battle that will be told down through the ages till the day the gods themselves have withered away.

Member Zombie Massacre?

It’ll resume production soon. It’s physically impossible for me to work on it while working on Fishing and Winter Events because… well… I only have so many hands and only one brain.

You know i can easily fix that for you.

I completely understand, that’s why i said it in a dumb way :thumbsup:

Happy Birthday :gift::birthday:

Happy Birbday!

Happy Cakeday!

iiiiiiiiii
      |:H:a:p:p:y:|
    __|___________|__
   |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
   |:B:i:r:t:h:d:a:y:|
   |                 |
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy birthing anniversary! :tada: :birthday: :confetti_ball:

I would like to proclaim that at this current time, you are being congratulated for the addition of one year to your age, in which this context is measuring such in our standard of number systems as a increment every calendar year. This refers to the increase in your “age number” for every time the earth rotates around the sun a full cycle.