Daily Dev Log for December 15th, 2017

##Daily Dev Log for December 15th, 2017

Hey everyone! Here’s what everyone on the team has been working on over the course of today, December 15th, 2017.

Caboose’s Hiatus

Hi! So I will be flying out of California to spend the holidays with some loved ones. Due to the fact where I won’t have time to publish these updates, I’ll resume posting the Daily Dev Logs when I get back on January 4th. The team still be keeping internal logs and working until the holidays begin, and you can continue to follow our progress on our Trello. PixelTail’s holiday starts on the 22nd of December and ends on January 3rd. Hope everyone has some happy holidays and see you next year!

@Zak continued working on Steam Workshop. He fixed the asset importer SMDLoader not writing bone matrices for animation or bind poses. He also researched how Unreal loads skeletal information to the GPU through OpenGL uniform buffers, and helped debug some physics lerp component issues.

@macdguy continued working on fixing Engine Regression bugs. He fixed music in Trivia not playing, fixed the “bass sound” in Trivia not playing, fixed sounds in Typing Derby not playing, fixed the Suite Condo’s lighting issues, and investigated issues with the Bowling pins. He also continued working on other bug fixes, such as fixing the Filing Cabinet item floating off the ground by a couple of units. He fixed a bug with Virus which would allow players to climb onto a counter, fixed a collision issue and missing material on the Little Crusaders map Toy Room, and fixed a bug in Little Crusaders where ghosts could block players from picking up the Birb. He also fixed a bug with the condo door leave prompt being able to be opened multiple times, and fixed an issue in the Suite Condo where you could use items through the bay windows. Outside of bug fixes, he started working on a document for the Badges and Milestones, filling out the Minigolf badges / milestones.

@Lifeless continued working on the Zombie Massacre map, Gasoline, and made a few fixes to the Plaza.

@Matt continued working a Flamethrower weapon for Zombie Massacre, working on the high-poly.

@Madmijk continued working on Zombie Massacre, making droppable character items align to the surface they land on, making the turrets aim in a pan/tilt manner with their orientation taken into account, and making a prototype for the Radio Tower item.

@Johanna continued working on the new Plasma Rifle for Virus.

@Caboose700 created some documentation for managing the dedicated servers, created a dedicated server to test the winter update, fixed an issue with the art backup server crashing, and built production lighting on the plaza.

@donglekumquat continued working on music for Zombie Massacre, and started working on a snow footstep sound.

That’s what everyone at PixelTail Games has been working on today! See you all next year!

[quote=“macdguy, post:1, topic:25797, full:true”]
fixed an issue in the Suite Condo where you could use items through the bay windows[/quote]

Unless I’m completing blanking on what the Suite looks like, there are no bay windows in Suite.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=bay+windows&FORM=HDRSC2

I think he meant the window on the first floor looking out on the patio.

Yeah, that would make sense. It’s not a bay window, though.

if this is the last one for a little time.
WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WHEN I WAKE UP NOW?

Go on with your life