Custom "Welcome" carpets for suites

It’s a small thing that it’s not THAT important but I think it’s cool, small details always surprises me.

Outside of condos doors we could have a small “welcome” carpet which we could customize, like adding a poster texture, changing the text and font or even adding your own drawing to it (nothing explicit, of course, there’s always those guys).
If possible, you could also buy new carpets in different shapes or with ridiculous random things like a steak instead of the carpet.
I don’t know, I LOVE small details in games, and Gmod Tower already surprised me with some.

10 Likes

I think custom text could work all in the same font but images, colour, fonts and especially drawing might be too hard to get working. It could use up too many resources for both the server host and the player.

Still, I would love to see this come to the game! +1

2 Likes

This would have to work on the same parental controls system as the canvas. Otherwise, you’d get something like…

9 Likes

We plan to have this feature. It was actually planned in Lobby 2, but we didn’t finish it.

7 Likes

Awesome :smiley:

[quote=“macdguy, post:4, topic:4254”]but we didn’t finish it.
[/quote]

speak for yourself, heathen

7 Likes

Lol the last one XD

I actually used to own a mat that said “There’s no place like 127.0.0.1” and nobody got the joke but me.

35 dollars well spent

2 Likes

12 Likes

Is it bad that I wanna do this with my condo?

Add this to your list @Matt?

1 Like

Huh. Matt’s Door Matts… :joy:… Should be a shop in tower

3 Likes

HA HA #LOL
NEVER HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE
EVER

1 Like

accept your place in this world

5 Likes

My parents were originally gonna name me “Matt”, but my dad thought kids at school would make fun of my name as it was similar to door mats. So, they looked around the Celtic language and named me Macklin. I am actually glad for this.

My dad is a registered dad joke user™. I am as well.

6 Likes

Ahahaha. Poor @Matt getting the short end of the stick, so to speak.

Wait, does that mean you would have been named Mattdguy :open_mouth: ?

No, that’s stupid.

My “DGuy” part of my name is based on my dad’s username, actually. He used “dandman” at one point and I loved it.

4 Likes

Great idea! :sunglasses: :wink: :slight_smile:

im disappointed that the fuck you door isnt in fo4

2 Likes