Condo Surface Suggestions Megathread

Additionally, there’s this bumpy plaster material that looks really nice:

It’s been in the House condo for a while as well, but it’s not in the surface menu

3 Likes

Forgot to mention that, added the new materials to my list above (well, all but the new planks since we have 3000 similar planks)

1 Like

we did it babes. Not only did it get added, but the diffuse texture was fixed AND it’s World Alignable!!!
Now we have nice recolourable modern tiles

Now if only we could get the Metal and Natural category suggested materials (+ a fixed Sand material) :flushed:

4 Likes

I was going back through my Condo saves and checking random archived versions of House and discovered something.
I’ve owned the House condo since before its expansion and rework, many of my archived builds had been built with the downstairs bathroom, pantry, and extra wall next to the stairs in mind. But one random thing stuck out besides the misplaced toilet…

This material was originally used for the walls of the downstairs pantry / utility closet and I don’t believe it’s been used anywhere since. Unlike other deprecated materials (like the old floorboards) this seemingly has a bumpmap and specular / roughness map making it feel complete. This material could not be transferred to other canvases.
This material is probably the grungiest concrete in the game and it’s a shame it wasn’t brought forward.

5 Likes

I updated my organised list (pinned to the top of this thread), about 50% of it was achieved. Let’s celebrate girls!

Laser tag. text.ures.,

Moon Carpet

Laser Tag Carpet

2 Likes

Added Moon Carpet to the list, the “Laser Tag Carpet” is the same as the “Concrete Condo” material I think.

I don’t think it is, the condo concrete texture has a peeled wallpaper look while the texture in the laser tag arena looks more like a pattern of grey blobs overlapping each other

i think these three materials could still get a lot of mileage from world align and/or tiling support

building windows (both variants)

it only seems to not tile on canvases (which is weird bc i feel like that’s where it’d be most useful)

sand

c’mon.

these two materials still haven’t been ported into the menu from the default condo materials they’re on (or at least used to be, apparently)

suite backyard grass (specifically from the suites in resort)

very nice realistic-ish looking grass. (and please give back its world align support i miss it already)

this gravel from the bottom of this tank thing in the resort’s game world ports

it looks like this surface is no longer editable but this is genuinely my favorite pre-0.14.4 material. blends so well into a series of canvas piles. ideal fish tank material.

there’s also this really nice clear glass effect that as far as i can tell is only obtainable by putting bloody glass on a non-full canvas tube. none of the other available glass materials give the same effect

from left to right: bloody glass, glass, plaza glass, lighthouse glass

3 Likes

more glass materials would be lovely… (i know we just got lots… but…) the windows in my condo use frosted glass, but i wish there was variant of frosted glass without the… frost? just retaining similar color/opacity since the others don’t quite scratch that itch…

1 Like

yeah i usually settle for scratched glass when i want something clear, but in the same vein if you get too close it just looks horrific

why does deleting a post only need one click on this forum aaaaa

1 Like

From some point right before the Invisible material was added to right now, the glass material noticeably changed on multiple condo objects. Some items like the water cooler still retain the older material, as do the glass material variants.

The new material works great on furniture items such as the vases, but doesn’t play well with primitives.

My only issue with the old glass is that its IOR is way too strong and causes extreme distortion. Personally I’d love if the Glass material on Canvases was reverted to this.

It’d be great if the individual wall and floor textures on the grass & stone and sandy rock textures were all available as their own separate surfaces. They’re all nice but it’s kind of limiting to only be able to use the top-facing textures as floors and the side-facing ones as walls

3 Likes

Time to suggest surfaces from a thing that isn’t even out yet!

Mansion Bricks

Mansion Diagonal Tile

Fancy Rug

Mansion Ceiling Tile

Mansion Exterior Wood Strips

3 Likes

I think these might already be added in the next update (and possibly along with the Desertion Tiles)

Added new condo surfaces: Marble Checkerboard, Marble Checkerboard 2, Marble Herringbone White, Tile Mediterranean

Also I think this may actually be the same material as the Condo Villa exterior (another absent material) at a closer look. I have it labelled as “Smooth Smooth Stone” on my list, but the image isn’t exactly clear.

I can’t seem to find a “Smooth Smooth Stone” listed anywhere in this thread, and the villa exterior is just the Plain texture, though. I’m still pretty sure the texture in the laser tag arena is a unique one, I don’t recognize the splotches on it from anything else

I think I accidentally removed Smooth Smooth Stone from the list smh. It probably actually originates from the fountain behind the Villa but I applied it to my Villa exterior and forgot the default mat is different.

Left: Uncoloured, Top: approximation of the Laser Tag mat
Though this material does completely lack Damage reaction and will straight up absorb bullets

I know a “chrome” texture just got added recently, but could we also get the “smooth chrome” material from the chrome trashbin? Current one’s a bit too reflective, which makes it too bright in bright areas and too dark in dark areas, and also has a metal texture instead of just a flat texture.

4 Likes

This wood plank texture would be pretty cool

Screenshot_20211004-225455_Opera

4 Likes

There’s also some other nice materials in that Lab screenshot.
And tbh I could go for a Meat Texture or two.

I won’t be updating the list yet for materials not yet in the game, since we may just get the materials once they’re added (which has been the case for most Shooting Gallery materials)

2 Likes