Condo Suggestion: Gmod Style Loadscreens

One big thing that breaks a persons immersion is joining a condo with 30 workshop items missing, a bunch of canvas walls missing so people can fly in places they are not supposed to be before the condo loads fully.

I think it would be pretty neat if all of the loading for the condo was done before joining so you join said condo and are hit with what it is supposed to be. In Gmod as many of us know, there is a bar in the bottom right of the screen, it could be cool if it would say things like “Downloading Workshop Props XX%”, “Loading Condo Items”, “Downloading Canvas Images” and so on, with the ability to cancel at any time if the person were to regret joining a condo with two hundred Workshop items that might crash the players PC.

I know it might seem a little needless, but would be a quality of life feature, since people would be not really engaging with the condo when all the items are loading anyways.

now that is an epic style

3 Likes

Oh yes this would be really good. Sick of loading into a blank area because nothing loaded in yet.

4 Likes

It’d be cute if it was stylised like GMod’s Toybox downloading effect, which would be a nice lil’ homage if included.

1 Like

One important thing to say: totally not good way to make the title for the thread as it doesn’t represent the idea’s point in itself well
Well, since it’s almost same as what I wanted to suggest, instead of making a new thread I guess I’ll write it here: to complete the idea - there are some workshop items or canvas images that cannot be loaded, and that’s fine, but we also know that it’s not rare that they may just not load due to some strange error, and re-joining can help in these cases
So what I think is that while having all workshop and canvas items downloading before you load the whole condo, we should see a list of all these items downloading, with errors on the ones which fail to download and buttons to try again for everything and/or for each one. This way we can try to re-download ones which failed to, and if we see that something fails to load after 10 times then we can decide that it must be broken. When we are fine with what we see (including some possible items which couldn’t download), we press finish and then proceed to load the whole condo and joining, having every workshop and canvas item which could load loaded.

1 Like