Condo specific inventory / Placed item lock

This is for people that have multiple condos.

I have a condo with placed redeemable/usable items eg: catsacks and food/drink.
When I go to another of my homes like the suite or the art studio I am always worried that I may place the same redeemable/usable object that is placed in my first condo and activate it, thus remove the item from my inventory and the first condo.

I would like that there be available a way to ‘lock’ or disable Certain already placed object from another condo from being used or placed.

Maybe the item lock option on a placed item will remove it from being visible in the inventory screen, or even a separate button to do so on any object.

I was hoping to have a home where the food/drink for example was not usable by visitors but another suite where the food/drink is usable without the possibility of duplicate placed object vanishing from my original home.

You can have the same item in multiple condos at the same time

They mean like having a redeemable item placed in one condo, but then accidentally redeeming that item in another condo, removing it from your inventory and the first condo.
Example: you have four treasure chests in your Suite, while in your Villa you redeem a treasure chest… reducing the amount in your suite to three.

I do think there should be a way to “reserve” redeemable items. However, currently you can work around this by placing the same amount of items in each of your main condos (this is obviously easier with fewer items). I keep a catsack display in each of my condos so I don’t accidentally redeem one of them. If you don’t want these items visible, you can just place them under the map or in a little box.
Also correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think food items actually get consumed. When you “trash” them you’re just stashing them back, allowing you to place them again.

2 Likes

well my pizza item can be consumed over and over again… (But I was thinking this could be a glitch)

i have had a few consumables be gone from my inventory after usage. I might have to experiment with this to see if it happens with everything.

EDIT: AFAIK food/drink used to be gone after use. I didn’t realize that it had changed apparently.

On another note, I redeemed a few 'Piles of units" out of my 50+ that i had in my art studio and found that a few of my placed items in my condo were gone even though i still had 20 left in my inventory.