Compulsory Votekick Reason

Getting votekicked is annoying when everyone agrees without prior reason. People should have to provide a reason when votekicking people, so the person kicked from the game knows what they did wrong and can improve it next time.

I don’t see how this will make votekicking happen any less. There’s nothing stopping someone from just putting anything in there and still having the vote kick go through for still no reason. I’ve not been votekicked from a game in a long time and haven’t seen anyone else get kicked either, it doesn’t even seem to be as big of an issue as it was previously - unless of course I’m missing something?

6 Likes

The only reason I have been votekicked was for joining a game which was meant for a group of friends.

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY A GAME PRIVATELY WITH YOUR FRIENDS THEN WHY DON’T YOU MAKE IT FRIENDS ONLY AND REDUCE THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS ALLOWED!!!

4 Likes

ive been votekicked before but no one said anything about it in the chat. Either they were talking in vc (which i dont use) or they were in another vc program (like discord) and just decided to kick me out. Probably for the same reason you did: a group of friends. Even then, if a votekick reason isnt neccesary, its all up to communication. if you want to votekick someone, say it, dont just do it.

this happened in every source game ever that had AMX if there was a group of friends on, this isn’t something you can really manage sadly. it’s nicer to have it and have the risk of random votekicks than to not have it at all and deal with shitty people. just a roll of the dice whether or not you meet cool people or fools

this is why group up with friends is a great idea. im not sure if the feature integrates with other game worlds, but that would be great if it did since you could start up private games with others in the group who arent necessarily in your steam friends list.

2 Likes

sometimes you want to play with friends but don’t have enough for a fun game, so you make it public for others to join.
or sometimes there is issues with joining friends only games (which was probably fixed at some point but people still think it happens, idk i haven’t played in a while) so they make the game public to make it easier to join.