Closed Alpha question

Hello,
I was wondering if the Units, achievements and progress earned during the Closed Alpha will be transferred to the actual game?
Thanks in advance~ :smiley:

1 Like

This is a good question to ask, I’ve been wondering the same thing :smiley:

I doubt it would to be honest as so much stuff is still work in progress. As the alpha will not use steam, I doubt that achievements would be in the alpha, but I could be wrong

I don’t really think so. I’d make it the same as in the lobby 2 closed beta. People with closed alpha access would have an (unfair) advantage of doing progress and earning money.

WARNING: THIS IS TEMPORARY, THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE EARLY ALPHA

We don’t system in place to persistently store information on players yet.
Currently, items / units are stored on the server you join, and your condo is saved locally.

Our goal in the early alpha is to test networking features and make sure our basic gameplay systems are in working order.

Also I’m pretty sure we will need to reset player stats over the course of the alpha builds (mostly because the storage format will most likely evolve as we integrate steam).

But in general, we want to give everyone a fair go at Tower, so we’ll most likely be resetting the stats on release.
(any special items or perks you’ve received as a backer of the campaign will still be applied obviously).

2 Likes