Catsack needs updating

A silver catsack costs 10k and almost every item you get from it is worth less that the actual cost of the catsack, even the always lucky slot (which is pretty rare) only gives you 10k which is just the same as the catsack cost from the beginning…

I say we need to buff the unit gain on basically all the items you can get from it… because right now it is a scamsack :frowning:

the bag of units and chest should give you a random amount between 5k and 20k

2 Likes

to be fair, there will be other ways to aquire catsacks in the game. I would hope that you could find silver or gold catsacks too though.

2 Likes

i’m literally only going to be fishing if you can get catsacks that way

5 Likes

honestly, I think catsacks should make you lose money, not earn it

EDIT: to explain myself more, I think the drive behind opening catsacks should always be the exclusive items. If they were to be long-term profitable, people could just buy catsacks, open them, earn money and buy more

4 Likes

To explain things more simply, catsacks are pretty much the capsule toys of the TU world. You just buy them for interesting little trinkets, but you’re not guaranteed to get what you want.

Piles of units, slot machines, etc. are mostly meant for decorations in these cases, since you have a high chance of getting them with the catsacks. I’d assume they also exist to get more money by fishing, but they would be significantly harder to get just by fishing, making catsacks an easier way to get these items for decoration purposes.

2 Likes

You can always get Silver Catsacks from regular Catsacks. Buying the Silver Catsack is a shortcut.

1 Like

Also guys I find it kinda suspicious you aren’t complaining about Spin to win…
Aren’t you perhaps a bit biased?

4 Likes

I’ve said this quite a few times, going into catsacks looking for profit is laughable.
The items inside are desirable due to the exclusivity, as in you can’t get them anywhere else but the catsacks.
The trash items are just a way of patting your back and saying “Better luck next time”

1 Like

Yeah I’d have to disagree with you here. Like the others have been saying, catsacks are there for that sweet rare loot, whereas the junk is just a way of at least giving you something out of it. Personally, I would like it if golden catsack rates were a bit higher from the silvers. Based off of that 1000 silver catsack opening, it seems that its around a 1 in 40 chance, which is too rare IMO.

You have to keep in mind, purchasing catsacks won’t be the only way to get them.
In the future more and more options are going to be added such as fishing, metal detector and general playtime can and may reward you with them.

I think the current gold chance is fine as it is.
The only thing that may need changing is the chance of silver from normal.

Yeah it is true that we’ll be able to get them through other means. I was kinda basing my opinion off of the fact that it’s approx. 400k units per gold catsack at the moment, and even more so if using regular catsacks. I suppose it’d be best to wait till fishing and metal detectors come out before we assess it.

And yeah the silver drop rate from normals is abysmal. At the moment there is absolutely no reason to buy regular catsacks when the silver ones would be cheaper if bought directly. If the argument is that you’d find more regular catsacks through drops and spin2win, I think it’d still be good if it was at least half as effective opening them as with buying silvers. I’ve ran through maybe 30 regulars and haven’t gotten any silvers yet :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not saying you should profit, but the unit returns from the items are laughable, All the redeemable items you get from it just returns your money or lower…

And opening normal catsacks is even worse so there’s always that, Member when i opened 7.5k of the normal ones and got only like a 100 silver, which then proceeded to drop nothing good at all(not even 1 gold catsack), i member. That’s 7.5 millions that just went way down the drain, and to get anything good from that would probably be rarer than me winning a fucking WoM jackpot…

2 Likes

Did you get a pile of units

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that it’s currently a scam; the whole point is for it to be a gamble. If every item gave you back most of/all of/more than the amount you paid, then you could just open silver catsacks forever, which makes the whole point of a random “crate” system redundant; it should be hard to get large amounts of them, because otherwise the prizes from them aren’t as rare, and thus, aren’t as special. It’s also important to keep in mind that the various catsacks will be available from various other sources than The Stray (Fishing is one I know of for sure, I dunno if they plan on adding more), so things that give you less money than the Silver Catsacks are worth are meant more for that.

That being said, I feel like it’d be more fun if you got variable amounts of Units from the unit-giving items, especially the slot machine. Something like 500-3k from the sack of units, 4k-7k from the chest of units, and 8k-25k from the Slot Machine (with anything over 15k being rare). I also feel like the Gold Catsack ought to have more items, but I’m pretty sure it’s still being worked on.

5 Likes

That’s like opening up a pokemon card pack and being sad you didn’t get a holo every time and only got commons. If you made more money than you spent opening catsacks it would literally defeat the purpose of even playing the games, since you could just make profit by opening catsacks non stop. If you always got at least 15k from a silver catsack then you’d pretty much be set opening catsacks for the rest of your life and you’d never have to worry about making money again, which is not what they are intended to be.
Edit: literally just read bluecandle’s post, Pretty much exactly what i said. ;_;