There is a compatibility issue that concerns 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th gen Intel CPUs and most Unreal Engine 4 games.
This issue affects only 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th Gen Intel CPUs, and is an issue with HTTPS and those CPU boards.
This compatibility issue causes canvases, patch notes, and media videos not load.
To resolve this, please follow the guide below:
- Open “ File Explorer” (Win+E), right-click on “ This PC” , and select “ Properties”
- Select “ Advanced System Settings”
- Select “ Environment Variables” in the “ Advanced” tab
- Select “ New…” under “ System variables”
- Input the text below and select “OK”
Variable name: OPENSSL_ia32cap
Variable value: ~0x200000200000000
- Confirm that the variable has been added successfully, then select “OK”
For those curious, Intel made a post about this issue in 2019 (which we and other developers apparently never got the memo about), which goes into more detail about the issue. OpenSSL* SHA Crash Bug Requires Application Update
We have found a patch made by Epic Games to integrate the fix into our game, and will be working to have this patch integrated in a future update.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.