There is a compatibility issue that concerns 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th gen Intel CPUs and most Unreal Engine 4 games.
This issue affects only 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th Gen Intel CPUs, and is an issue with HTTPS and those CPU boards.
- Open “ File Explorer” (Win+E), right-click on “ This PC” , and select “ Properties”
- Select “ Advanced System Settings”
- Select “ Environment Variables” in the “ Advanced” tab
- Select “ New…” under “ System variables”
- Input the text below and select “OK”
Variable name: OPENSSL_ia32cap
Variable value: ~0x200000200000000
- Confirm that the variable has been added successfully, then select “OK”
For those curious, Intel made a post about this issue in 2019 (which we and other developers apparently never got the memo about), which goes into more detail about the issue. OpenSSL* SHA Crash Bug Requires Application Update
We have found a patch made by Epic Games to integrate the fix into our game, and will be working to have this patch integrated in a future update.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.