Camera Tool

I had a recent idea due to the fact that I’ve had trouble trying to get a shot angled right in 3rd person to record some things. Why not add a camera tool that allows a person to set down a camera, swap to it with a key press, and then lo and behold, there’s your new angle! It wouldn’t be necessarily usable in other people’s condos, unless the option was enabled, but this way, people can do fun things like interview videos or pseudo-vlogs with their friends, and then also people like me could make some neat video ideas out of it.

-Alex

maybe like the camera in GMOD? Yeah that’ll be cool!

2 Likes

Oh dude, I forgot about the Gmod camera tool!
You could also right-click with it to make it track yourself if I recall correctly.

4 Likes

There are 2 cameras in Gmod though…

Correct! There’s the regular “Camera” tool, and there’s the Render Target Camera, which would basically show whatever it sees on a texture surface.

In TU, it would make sense to combine both camera tool functionality into one, where switching between cameras via hotkey would be totally acceptable, and using the Condo I/0 functions soon to come we could link certain cameras to tvs and essentially create a closed circuit surveillance system.

2 Likes

Realtime cameras are pretty resource-heavy on systems. One solution could be scaling the screens down to a lower resolution. It’s been mentioned before, I’m all for it.

2 Likes

Bump, was gonna make a new thread to suggest this but this was already suggested, i wonder if there are any plans for this and how hard it’d be to implement.

It’s great for basic animation vids too!

Same here: I was going to make a similar thread, but found this one.
The idea is to probably have a camera tool, so that you could place it in condos and plaza (I can’t imagine that in the game worlds, though having it there would be awesome) and then switch to it to be able to record yourself and other people from the fixed in the world place and angle.
Many people can find different purposes for that, but from myself I can say that it would allow you to increase feeling of Tower Unite as the virtual world in which you could make some videos just like in real life, and having your camera being fixed on your player character doesn’t really feel real.
I also remembered about vr chat having similar feature which is pretty nice to have and which does increase feeling of it as a virtual world
Hope someday this suggestion will be considered!

1 Like

It’s been 2 years xd I have no idea if it ever was considered.

I’ll be happy if it’s at least planned for the future