Bring Grass World Back

Grass World was my favorite Ball Race map from GMT. Please bring it back (with a different name maybe).

EDIT: Here’s a video of Grass World:

The person playing in that video has almost no enthusiasm whatsoever.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t realize there was commentary. I just picked the first video I saw.

1 Like

“oh yeah ball race ball race time

3 Likes

Its been a while since we had a ballrace map, might as well bring back the best one

grass world was the best ball race map. don’t @ me

3 Likes

ballrace best gamemode
need more ballrace maps

4 Likes

world of grass

One of my favorite maps!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(for context Johanna just put this on the discord server)

10 Likes

is this just a port? or is it actually coming back with a full redo under (i hope) a different name?

it’s coming back with a different name, and i’m going to take a wild guess and say that we will get some changes from the original

i hope it will be mostly the same with improvements to some levels
like the spiny thing on this level

that felt a tad bit too thin in my opinion
and also this level which most of the times i tried to get through it i would fall off the edge of the level

I also hope that it becomes a little more thematically coherent. The original was a little too all over the place , notably with the toxic goo… I think the loose tunnels and tubes are a nice way to go.

I hope toxic goo makes a return, its my favorite type of goo

The goo’s still there.

3 Likes

The goo stays

1 Like

When I bring a classic map back, like I did with Oasis (originally sand world), and Forest, I do so knowing that the reason people liked the map was not the theme, but the map itself. For someone who wanted Forest back as a minigolf map, it wasn’t “I want a new map that takes place in a forest”. It was, “I want forest”.

Because of this, I try to stay as true to the original as possible. I’ll make some small changes, like in Oasis I made the maze part rotate to a random position on map spawn. But other than that, I try to keep the layout and gameplay close to the original if not identical. The map will look very different art-wise, but the map itself will be the same.

9 Likes

Oh it’s actually random, that’s good because I thought I was either going insane or was incredibly stupid for not remembering it.

2 Likes