Block system is terrible

Let me start off by saying this is probably one of the best communities I’ve played on since starting the game in 2019. It is a very wholesome community but the lack of moderation at certain times is very upsetting and is such a detriment to a game like this. I’ve had a few friends tell me how bad the block system is, and I do think it should really be improved on. It is one sided and really half made. Like someone put together a block system and thought to themselves “Yeah, this’ll do.” It really only takes one person to ruin it for the other 63 in the lobby. The block system should really be two sided, where you can’t see them and they can’t see you. I am someone who spends most of their time in plaza grinding so I pretty much see the ins and outs of how this community is. I have seen someone get harassed over and over even with the block system on. Yes, I know there’s a report button and yes I do use it. You guys really need to improve on it because right now it feels like I’m on a toxic Garry’s Mod server. If you guys don’t have moderators that come on to monitor and keep things cool, at least give us the proper tools to deal with a nuisance. As of now here are the few flaws in the block system that I have noticed:

Blocked users achievements show up.
Blocked users join notifications show up.
Blocked users pets sometimes show up.
Blocked users effects show up? (I’ve heard from a friend that when they shoot you can still see it) (Have not confirmed this.)
Blocked users are able to see what you type and your player model. (Have not confirmed if voice transmits to them but I’m guessing so) (This needs to be 2 sided)
Blocked users show up on the tab map.
Blocked users show up on tab player list. (They are already in the settings menu, we don’t need a reminder of a blocked user when scrolling through the player list)

If you’re talking about effects from weapons like fireworks from the firework launcher, a recent update patched that out so that those also hide when you block a player. if you mean the particle effects you wear then idk if those hide or not

2 Likes

We have moderators. You can report disruptive players using the in-game report system. Please report bad behavior so we can take care of it.

The blocking feature has been improved over time, recently we fixed blocking not blocking weapons/effects of players and blocked players in vehicles.

We plan to improve the blocking feature further, by hiding the blocked player even more (from certain UI elements, etc.).

5 Likes