Black Mesa Complex [WIP]

This is very much a work-in-progress build and there’s not much to show yet. I’ll continue to post more screenshots as I continue working on this condo.

I’m using a combination of Black Mesa assets and TU’s own models/assets to make a sort of black mesa facility (although not a recreation). The facility will continue to grow as I add new areas.

24 Likes

You’ve done a great job so far :+1:

Thanks. The only pain about building this has been floor/walls/ceiling, I can’t count how many times I accidentally dragged a wall trying to place something down just to realize the Lock feature was implemented.

Also, starting to work on the “labyrinth of hallways”. Of course there will be rooms and such connected, but black mesa always felt like a maze so I’m gonna try and go for that here.

Strange random storage room too

3 Likes

what happened to the ride there? lol

You mean that fan thingy I was doing?
Also, wondering what people think of the textures I’m using for the lab sector, do they fit together pretty well? I thought the ground was kinda weird contrasting with a concrete (or really scuffed metal) wall, but I dunno.

1 Like

I like it! :grinning:

The upper level (shown above partially) will only have a few office areas, a conference room, a canteen, bathrooms, and of course the entrance area. There will be two lab levels, some maintenance areas, and a more run-down area similar to the style of Blast Pit.
Probably somewhere around the lab areas there will also be a larger office area, and I might end up attempting some sort of topside in the distant future.
Also might hold a small halloween event here if I can get a bit more rooms finished. I like the aesthetic with most of the lights off and the alarms on.

don’t mind that glowing safety sign

4 Likes

I’ve started work on this again! It’s been a few months, but the fatal error issue I had is fixed and I got back into it because of the update. Here’s some newer screenshots for anyone interested:

Lab area is still a heavy work-in-progress

Also a media room that will be accessible eventually through a vent:
2 Likes

This is looking really good, hope you don’t get the fatal error again.

Making progress with the first lab

Starting to use placeable lights to add a slight bit of color to the place, helps make the equipment less dull.

5 Likes

Oscuur: builds tiny gaming cafe and feels good.

Sinkyboi: hold my water

4 Likes

I LOVE THIS! CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THIS FOR GMOD OR SFM? HOW FAR IS IT NOW? R U STILL WORKING ON IT? :grinning:

Bruh, don’t necro.

you can necro as long as you’re adding something meaningful, in this case saying the build is good (which it is, I like it a lot)

1 Like

She’s contributing to the topic. It’s fine.

I WASN’T TRYING TO “NECRO” OR ANYTHING, I AM INTERESTED IN THIS W.I.P AND WOULD LIEK TO KNOW IF THIS IS SOMETHING THAT’LL BE USEABLE FOR SFM (SOURCE FILMMAKER) OR GOD (GARRY’S MOD).

ALSO, I AM NOT TYPING LIKE THIS TO YELL, I’M LEGALLY BLIND, JUST SO YOU ALL KNOW.

IT HELPS ME READ THE LETTERS BETTER, IT’S MY PREFERED METHOD OF SEEING TEXT BETTER ON MY END.

ALSO, I HOPE THE PERSON WHO MADE THIS IS DOING WELL. :slight_smile:

HANKS FOR READING AND SORRY TO BOTHER YOU ALL AND PLEASE FORGIVE ANY MISSPELLS OR GRAMMAR ERRORS. :slight_smile:

This was made in Tower Unite’s condo editor. It cannot be used outside of this game.

Also, given how old the post is, I don’t think it’s being actively worked on.

3 Likes