Best bait to use from the shore?

I haven’t had time to purchase any squid, mackerel, etc. and there are no worms on the beach that I want to fish (at least not in any useful quantity). Are things like chicken and cows’ liver any good, or am I ok to use lures of any sort? Thanks

I’m… very confused by this post. As far as I know, NONE of those things are in the game as bait. Are you suggesting they be added?

1 Like

currently you’re only able to purchase a single type of fishing rod , and 10 types of bait . you aren’t able to “find” bait along the beaches , instead you’ll have to buy them . you can find these at the “gone fishin’ bait shop” near the ferris wheel on the boardwalk .

these baits include:

meatball - attracts small fish only , 50U
minnow - attracts bigger fish , 100U
clump - attracts small fish and fish with items inside them , 100U
gummy worm - attracts big and small fish , 150U
worm - attracts big and small fish with a chance of rare fish , 200U
maggot - attracts big fish and fish with items inside them , 250U
magnet - attracts only fish with items inside of them , 300U
curly grub - attracts fish with items inside of them and rare fish with a chance for rarer items inside of them , 500U
mighty ball - attracts all fish (small fish, large fish, rare fish, fish with items inside of them, and rare fish with a chance for rarer items inside of them) , 750U
lure - lasts forever, but only attracts some fish and no rare fish , 30,000U

each time you catch a fish , you lose one of the bait that you used to fish with , so you’ll have to buy multiple (excluding the lure as it lasts forever)

i think the “best” bait will change depending on what you’re going for , for example the curly grub is best for fishing up rare items , whereas if you want to only fish up fish i like to use the worm

i’m not sure if you’re wanting to suggest those things you brought up in your post & i was a little confused as this was in the suggestions category for suggesting ideas to the developers , but i hope what i said is able to help you !

1 Like

idk to me it reads like this guy’s asking for irl fishing suggestions and somehow found his way onto this forum without knowing what it is.

4 Likes

That is possibly the funniest thing that this could be

3 Likes

That’s almost certainly what it has to be.

i felt like it would be nice to give actual pointers from the game on the chance that they actually were talking about it …

2 Likes