Banner/String placement improvement

Ive found that when desiring to place string lights or banners, or anything of a string like matter within my condo, its incredible challenging, tedious and most of the time impossible. Thinking of this, I’d like to suggest the idea of reworking the placement system for such items overall making it easier and more approachable.

Yeah, most my friends who do any kind of condo building/decorating have entirely given up on them. They seem to need specific lengths to really work and if your build doesn’t match that they simply won’t work.

I am pretty sure that they are still a WIP. They are not complete yet, to my knowledge.

1 Like

I made them stretch to fit to their targets now, so you should no longer experience them not reaching the set target or overshooting it. It’ll ship with the next update. Please let me know if this is a sufficient improvement.

3 Likes

@Madmijk can you make colorable versions later on? It’d be nice if we could have colorable string lights to hang in our condos

1 Like

Can do, but I’m not sure when.

3 Likes

I really really wanted hanging Christmas lights (meaning their middle part is curved down relatively to their tips), they just look soo comfier :о (though the straight ones are also useful for other decorating purposes)
I think I remember seeing them on a devlog screenshot about a year ago, but they weren’t implemented. Is this going to happen soon? First I was kind of hoping to see them for this Christmas, but guess it’s a bit late nows; still would be nice to see them in the game

2 Likes

Yes, I did implement curvature during development. However, it came with a significant performance cost and so it was then decided not to release it with the curvature parameter.

3 Likes

Aww. Am sorry to hear that, and hope you’ll find a way to make it work someday!

1 Like