[Ball Race] Themed Pickups

So @Max4344 (Areami) on Discord had a great idea for Ball Race, that could be implemented after Early Access. Instead of having Melons across the board as the pick-up for each Ball Race map, why not have Themed Pick-ups instead?

For example (and I’m going to be using GMT Maps as the examples), Cloud World would have Feathers, or Paradise - Bananas. Grass World could have flowers or seeds, ect ect.

After thinking about this idea, you could just make one pick-up object, and place them around the world. Then on game load, based on the Map, load the appropriate model and text into the game and boom your done. All the logic is handled the same, and everything is all nice and themed.

A bit of decoration after the Early Access period, but still a nice idea nonetheless.

13 Likes

I quite like this idea

I had this exact thought when they first showed off TU ball race on a stream.
It would definitely add a nice touch to the game world.

Agreed. This would be awesome.

Im down with this. Not THAT much work needed in order to do it as well.

And on the subject of themes, you could do a furniture themed level where the ground is bits of furniture (but maybe resized) and the pickups are items you can get in the game (e.g. the phone). So you wouldn’t have to make any new models

I feel like its a great idea as well! The problem with melons aren’t the fact they are melons but the fact they feel somewhat off. Themed pickups would definitely help make every level feel more unique, although I think they should have a common name. Collections? Artifacts? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Basically this.

Brilliant idea!

1 Like

You should make a poll :stuck_out_tongue: If you don’t make one I’m making one

• YES THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER
  • Meh, I don’t care either way (aka im lame) (jk)
  • NO YOU WILL RUIN BALL RACE (IM SUPER SUPER LAME) (jk)

0 voters

Toy Robots for Midori.