Ball Race Control Responsive-ness dependant on host connection

If you join a player with a bad connection running a Ball Race Server, your controls get less responsive. My theory behind this is perhaps all movement has to go to the server before the player, but in instances like this, it makes playing on a server with a bad host a horrible experience.

It took much more force to slow down in this person’s server, than if you are host, or playing with someone with a good connection.

3 Likes

I can also confirm this bug on my end.

that makes me too since i can definitely see this happening with me also

This happened to me too, I had 100 ping and had about a 3/4 of a second input delay, which made ball race unplayable.

Thanks for your report! This has been forwarded straight to our Trello board. You can track its status there (it takes a couple minutes to show up on Trello).

1 Like

Sorry to bump this post but this is still an issue to this day.

Why not just send location data of the player to the host which is then displayed for everyone else and run the rest of the stuff on the clients side? For instance implementing a true P2P model and not a session based host.

I would rather see other players stutter around than it effect my own movement.

This is the reason why I always host when I wanna play ballrace. The game just feels absolutely unplayable unless you’re the host. I really hope this issue gets looked into soon as it really ruins the experience for everyone. Well besides the host of course.

1 Like