Ball freezes in minigolf

It’s been a common issue and has probably been reported already, but man it’s annoying for everyone! at some points you just can’t hit the ball in minigolf at all. your arrow doesn’t show up and you can’t move again until a seemingly random point or when the round is over.

1 Like

Yeah this is very common for a lot of people, I’m not sure when this is planned on getting fixed but hopefully it’s soon™.

1 Like

Kidding me? You know it’s been submitted before and still you waste your times and others’ by making a topic.

probably because it’s game breaking and shouldn’t have remained unfixed for as long as it has

that’s what happens when you have a tiny devteam and whining kids wanting player customization before actually having a working game

3 Likes

We know about the issue and we have a fix but we have been testing it before throwing it up on the game potentially breaking minigolf. It’s not a really easy fix, it has to do with the physics substepping and FPS. Basically Unreal physics get really wonky when you have low FPS.

3 Likes

This happens on my rock solid 60 fps. Or is it because of the framerate of the host?

As far as I know physics is completly computed by the host.

It is determined by the framerate of the host, yes.

1 Like

What’s the threshold where things start to go wrong?

When you take the time to explain it, it makes sense. It’s honestly nice to see that you are aware of the issue and working carefully to fix it.
I understand why it only happened on my bad computer now, haha

1 Like